Anyone use Undercover Tourist for purchasing DL tickets?

ChrissyLou

Sufferin' Sassafras!
I've seen several good reviews for tickets purchased for WDW and while I can't imagine it would make a difference which park you're purchasing for, I thought I'd ask if anyone here has used them specifically for DL tickets and what they thought? I've used Last Minute Travel Club and been very happy.

I just recently purchased DL e-tix from UT for an upcoming trip - no issues. Purchased WDW tix from UT many times previously so was very comfortable doing so.

I always buy from Get Away Today- they seem to have the best deals and I usually bundle them with hotel too.

I bought some last month to use for this summer. I've bought them in years past for WDW with no trouble. I'm assuming it will be an easy process again. They came to my email within 24 hours.

I'm a happy LMT Club buyer for several rounds of tickets.

In December with the promo tickets, Undercover Tourist had a good price and LMT Club either wasn't offering them yet or didn't have a good deal yet (don't recall which). I placed order on UCT and it went through. But, then I had to jump through hoops to retrieve a small credit card authorization amount to "verify the order". I thought this was a hassle but, it was online/automated and I had e-tickets by email shortly after (and also a new UCT account/password for next time).

Last month with the surprise price increase, I decided to buy Parkhoppers for later this year and lock in the price. UCT was $2 less so why not? I bought again with the same account/same credit card. I received a confirm email but that was it-- no tickets. I figured it was because my travel dates where later this year, no rush.

About five days later I got a voicemail with Caller ID "Insider Guide" to call them about my pending order. I called, waited for 7 or 8 minutes, and was met by someone who seemed really annoyed after answering the same questions several times a day. Once I (barely) was able to confirm with this person that it was indeed Undercover Tourist (Insider Guide?), I quickly switched from nice to annoyed that I had to go through this credit card verification process again, and this time with no email notice and a voicemail several days later. I asked to cancel the tickets and she quickly agreed as if it was my loss, and equally as quickly ended the call. I received a quick cancellation email, which I appreciated, but the pending full-price authorization took a few days to drop off my credit card.

By this time LMT Club had lowered their legacy Parkhoppers and were now $20 less per ticket. Once I got the cancellation email from UCT, I placed the order from LMT Club, saving $100; and had tickets in my Inbox in under an hour, which was always my experience-- no verification or hoops.

I know UCT is a big outfit and obviously reputable. I could not find anything about this process in their Terms of Service. I am buying online for convenience and reliability. I don't consider a long phone call to be more convenient or reliable; or even more secure.

So I shy away from online reviews and don't like to impact people's business. I just feel people should be aware of this process as I saw no warning before placing the order. If you don't have quick online access to your credit card, it could become a real hassle. I don't think it's worth it unless the savings are enough to offset a potential headache.

Last edited:
We have actually never bought our tickets from anyone else. They are super fab!!! We just looked on their site and they have a special deal going right now if you plan on using them by a date in May, I can't remember what the date is. When you total up your costs with them, always remember all fees and taxes are included in that price you see when you pull up the page. I also subscribe to MouseSavers.com and their newsletter that comes out will have a link in it to special MouseSavers.com discounts on UnderCover Tourist. You can't go wrong with them!!
We have never had the credit card verification issue that was mentioned above. And we have bought from them for many, many years for WDW, too. WE just bought tickets on Sunday, actually.

I'm a happy LMT Club buyer for several rounds of tickets.

In December with the promo tickets, Undercover Tourist had a good price and LMT Club either wasn't offering them yet or didn't have a good deal yet (don't recall which). I placed order on UCT and it went through. But, then I had to jump through hoops to retrieve a small credit card authorization amount to "verify the order". I thought this was a hassle but, it was online/automated and I had e-tickets by email shortly after (and also a new UCT account/password for next time).

Last month with the surprise price increase, I decided to buy Parkhoppers for later this year and lock in the price. UCT was $2 less so why not? I bought again with the same account/same credit card. I received a confirm email but that was it-- no tickets. I figured it was because my travel dates where later this year, no rush.

About five days later I got a voicemail with Caller ID "Insider Guide" to call them about my pending order. I called, waited for 7 or 8 minutes, and was met by someone who seemed really annoyed after answering the same questions several times a day. Once I (barely) was able to confirm with this person that it was indeed Undercover Tourist (Insider Guide?), I quickly switched from nice to annoyed that I had to go through this credit card verification process again, and this time with no email notice and a voicemail several days later. I asked to cancel the tickets and she quickly agreed as if it was my loss, and equally as quickly ended the call. I received a quick cancellation email, which I appreciated, but the pending full-price authorization took a few days to drop off my credit card.

By this time LMT Club had lowered their legacy Parkhoppers and were now $20 less per ticket. Once I got the cancellation email from UCT, I placed the order from LMT Club, saving $100; and had tickets in my Inbox in under an hour, which was always my experience-- no verification or hoops.

I know UCT is a big outfit and obviously reputable. I could not find anything about this process in their Terms of Service. I am buying online for convenience and reliability. I don't consider a long phone call to be more convenient or reliable; or even more secure.

So I shy away from online reviews and don't like to impact people's business. I just feel people should be aware of this process as I saw no warning before placing the order. If you don't have quick online access to your credit card, it could become a real hassle. I don't think it's worth it unless the savings are enough to offset a potential headache.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sad that you had to deal with these extra steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter