Anyone use rv covers?

crznut

Mouseketeer
I will be upgrading my tv soon and wonder if anyone on this board has opinions on material type covers. I live in Florida. Thanks!

I actually just bought and put one on my 35 ft TT. Expedition if I recall correctly. It comes with a 3 year warranty. It was easy to put on, but since I just got it last month I can't say much about its lasting ability just yet.
The Expeditions come in 3 different styles, 1 year, 3 year, and 5 year warranties. I went with the middle of the road because I am planning on building a shed to keep it under in a few years.
It has door flaps, so it makes it easier to get in and out of the camper as needed.

I will be upgrading my tv soon and wonder if anyone on this board has opinions on material type covers. I live in Florida. Thanks!

We had one several years ago for a TT. We bought it from Camping World. It was a pain to put it on, plus we had a tendency to 'need' to access our trailer in the winter which wasn't a lot of fun (some have door flaps). But, as far as it working to keep debris off it was great. We've had an enclosed barn the last 10 years for our MH, so haven't used covers in a while.

We just bought one from Camping World also. It is an Adco, for our 25ft Outback. It was pretty easy to put one. We wanted to keep it clean till we head to Fl. in January. Pat

We use an Adco from Camping World for our 5th wheel. We park in the trees, so it does a good job of keeping the camper clean in the off season.

Ours survived hurricane Sandy - lost 2 trees on the property, but no problems with the cover.

Our only question is this winter - we plan to head to florida in January and are hoping that we have no snow or ice beforehand since it would make it near impossible to get the cover off.

Use a breathable 100% polypropylene cover so as not to get moisture/mold.

Also beware where cords hold it or the winds blows/rubs it on the RV can wear spots. You can pad these.

The Aqua Shed cover is suppose to be a good one.

This info comes from an RV website.

We have an ADCO cover as well for the 5th wheel and we had to upgrade from our original as that one ripped. Where we park our camper is very windy and it tends to flap a little bit. We do have issues with the "corners"...Meaning the corner of the awnings (we have rain spouts on them). What we have done is taken pool noodles and cut them open to cover them and they have help the life of the second cover. Pool noodles also work great for the fold down steps that have sharper edges for the cover. They are a cheap solution for the problem of sharp edges on a camper.

We are looking to get one, we have a brand new RV carport for our 5ver, but DW wants to have it covered as well, so when the 5ver gets its wax job it will keep blowing dust and such off. Camping World is having a sale on them now, so we thought it would be a great time to get one, plus the trailer has been there getting general maintence done, new roof coating, had one out door speaker go bad and just general things as it is 2 years old and needed to be done. Those who have ADCO, would you recommend them, as that is the way we are leaning. Thanks!!

Richard

Adco here as well for our TT...which reminds me that I need to post it on Craigslist and look into buying one for our Class C pretty soon here.

To help with the above noted rub spots, you can use cut up pool noodles or a hunk of pipe insulation, or hunks of memory foam that you cut down for your RV sized short queen bed ;)

We wouldn't be without one as ours has to sit in the driveway when not being used. It is easier to clean when the cover is removed and I don't have to wax as often. Our motorhome is 12 years old. We did not have one in the beginning, however, at three years purchased an Adco cover. It lasted 5 years. Our current one is an Expedition, which was cheaper than the Adco, however, we will probably get not more than another year on it.

Looking into the covers mentioned. The pool noodles are a great idea. We bring home our upgraded rv tomorrow. Very excited. Will have to pay close attention to sharp areas or areas that will rub in the wind. Thanks again everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter