Anyone use Orlando Informer crowd calendars? (Easter 2019 question)

Heidi K

DIS Veteran
We are planning to take the family to Universal for our spring break this year, which is Easter and the following week (April 20-26). We've been assuming it will be very busy, because . . . it's Easter. I just found the Orlando Informer crowd calendar, however, which rates all of March as "busy" or "very busy" and the first half of April as "very busy" or "moderate" but rates our week as "slow." Has anyone used this crowd calendar and have an idea of its accuracy? Or, has anyone experienced a very late Easter at Universal and can share first-hand what the crowds were like?

This matters because we are trying to decide if we should stay at a Deluxe to get the Express pass, or if our money would be better spent elsewhere. A deluxe resort would be a major strain on our budget.

What do you think?

I think they are just guessing.

And if they are wrong, oh well, they were wrong.

I found this out for myself when I was thinking about doing the mickey halloween party this year. They had their predictions from last year and what they actually turned out to be. They were totally wrong on every guess, but my favorite was the night they had predicted a 2 and it was a nine.

I can just as good or better guess than that on my own knowledge.

If your dates are going to be around a holiday, then yes, it will be crowded.

We are planning to take the family to Universal for our spring break this year, which is Easter and the following week (April 20-26). We've been assuming it will be very busy, because . . . it's Easter. I just found the Orlando Informer crowd calendar, however, which rates all of March as "busy" or "very busy" and the first half of April as "very busy" or "moderate" but rates our week as "slow." Has anyone used this crowd calendar and have an idea of its accuracy? Or, has anyone experienced a very late Easter at Universal and can share first-hand what the crowds were like?

This matters because we are trying to decide if we should stay at a Deluxe to get the Express pass, or if our money would be better spent elsewhere. A deluxe resort would be a major strain on our budget.

What do you think?

You could try comparing it to Undercover Tourists calendar and see how they stack up - https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/April-2019/

The best one is Touring Plans - you do have to subscribe to access it but it is only $7 - https://touringplans.com/universal-orlando/crowd-calendar#

No, I haven't. I have used the undercover tourist one and I see it's average crowds listed around Easter. Schools have so many different spring breaks, so it's hard to guess but I'd say pretty busy. Seems like some FL school districts and colleges have their spring break a bit earlier than your listed dates not sure if this is why average crowds are listed? Also probably from historical data I'm sure.

We have a trip around the same time. I looked at calendars from Easter last year.

We are going a little earlier in April (happy that our Spring Break doesn't align with Easter in 2019). Anyhow, anything around Easter is going to be pretty heavy crowd wise...not Christmas heavy, but more than average. Weekends will be heavier than the weekdays

How many days are you going for? Could you split your stay or even do one night at the Deluxe (even if you don't actually stay there) and then get two days of express pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter