Anyone use ebay.ca?

CJK

DIS Veteran
We bought annual passes last year and would like to go back to Disney sometime this spring to use them one more time before they expire. The problem is $$. I really don't see any possible way of spending less money on our trips. We NEVER buy souvies (I mean ANY!!), we stay at a priceline hotel and we have only ONE sit down meal during our trips and have either our own snacks or counter service the rest of the time. We were blessed to be able to go twice last year so I really can't complain.

I was wondering if it's worthwhile to look into ebay? I don't even know how it works so I wonder if any of you could offer your expertise/opinion? Thanks so much!

I use eBay.com ... It's pretty much the same as eBay.ca ... I think the difference is eBay.ca only shows you items available to Canadian buyers (I think)...

I've been using it lately to clear a bunch of junk from my room ... I've used it to sell some of my extra camera equipment, Beanies etc.... I've found that some stuff will go for more than its worth while other stuff sells for less than its worth... But I really need some extra space in my room ... so I figure I might as well get a little bit of money ...

Its not a bad way of making money but there's also the hassle of shipping the stuff which means that you have to pack it up and take it to the post office ... There are also selling fees and Paypal fees (if you choose to use Paypal) Just remember it can be addicting because you'll often find things you want to buy too :p

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions.. I'll try to help out :p

I have just started using Ebay.ca as a seller, it is very easy to use-go thru the steps once and you will have it down pat! You can specify in your auction that the buyer will have to pay shipping costs. I scrapbook and I sold my first page kit set on ebay last week,the items where made out of things I had left over from other scrapbook pages and wouldn't be using, I sold them for 10.00-so not bad!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

I bought vintage Disney viewmaster discs for a great price and they are awesome! They are from the early 70's and look great! S

I just bought and sold my first items today and I think that It might be the perfect way to get an extra trip in before my next planned trip in February 2004. (That is just too far away:smooth: )

You've all gotten me very interested in ebay! Could someone talk me through the selling process. How do they insure that the buyer pays and the seller ships? What I mean is, how am I sure that if I ship an item, I will in fact get paid? Thanks so much everyone!

You ship your item once you receive payment from the buyer.
Grover in Winnipeg

About the payment ... If your buyer is in the US and they send you a money order, make sure they send you an international money order. The US domestic money order says something on it about it not being valid outside of the US ... A couple of months ago, I accepted one not realizing this ... and had it returned by my bank :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter