Anyone use a tent just for storage?

mdoc

DIS Veteran
On our last trip, storage in the camper was a little tight. I'm thinking about putting up a tent just to keep stuff in (including a rack for damp towels, which practically overran the camper but couldn't go on a clothesline because of the threat of rain). Does anyone do this? Does it work? What kind of tent do you use? What kind of stuff do you leave in your tent?

You know I never thought of doing this, but its a great idea. I have used a storage tent when I have tent camped, but never thought of it while we were using the camper. I think its a great idea. I'm not sure what you would use internal to hang towels on, but I'm sure you could do it. I'm thinking my tent has a few clips to hang a room curtain. I bet you could rig up something along those to spots to hang towells on. My biggest concern would be how do you stake the tent. Depending on the style of site, you may not be able to drive a stake down in the ground on all four corners of the tent. I know the newly upgraded sites have a full cement pad.

Last time we went I bought a clothesline for the bumper of the camper. We hung our bathing suits and towels there. It dried things quickly and I had a spare set of towels in case of a rain.

I used to bring a storage tent all the time!!

My biggest concern would be how do you stake the tent. Depending on the style of site, you may not be able to drive a stake down in the ground on all four corners of the tent. I know the newly upgraded sites have a full cement pad.

One problem with a cement pad, it can quickly wear a hole in the bottom of your tent. Be sure to use a tarp under the tent.

You might try using guy lines. Your stake points might be off the pad.

You could also bring some water jugs. Wal-mart has 5 gal cubes for a few dollars. When you fill them at the your site, they each weigh about 40 pounds. It doesn't sound like much, but, 40 pounds at each corner of the tent will probably be enough to keep it put in most winds.

The water jugs work good if you can't stake the tent. We have also used concrete blocks (with a old towel underneath to keep from damaging the tent). We have decided to use a storage tent, when we go to the Fort next year. I think it would be so handy.

We just got back from a week long trip consisting of 4 adults and 4 kids in a pop up that sleeps 7! We put up a 14x16 cabin tent off one side of the camper and in there kept all of our clothes, a rack for wet stuff, supplies that we didnt want to get wet in the rain, and all of the Disney "stuff" that we acquired during our trip- it worked out great and kept the camper pretty clutter free considering how many people were in it!:thumbsup2

We leave for the Fort Tuesday there will be 6 of us and we will have a popup, screenroom, and a large tent for storing stuff including my DH and Ds who want to leave the popup for the women:banana: Yeah no snoring:woohoo:

Your DH and DS will be in the tent to get away from the snoring? Great idea. LOL

:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter