Anyone understand this?

I see 'free dining' more as complusory dinning. They have raised the price and made it impossible for you to not take the free dining as there is no room only option cheaper than with the dining. They have removed the discounts during these times. Also the tips you pay on table service would you really have had all that food? Every night at that cost? So they are getting 18% of a full table meal when you may have gone with just an entree or a pizza etc. I think it's all smoke and mirrors. I prefer flexibility to have a discount on the room and dine where I like.

Again, sorry to trouble you, our ideas of a reasonable hotel rate ($700 for the Poly?, two weeks ago the Four Seasons was offered for less!) and what constitutes an actual discount vary, that is all. My point is just that WDW has and continues to widely manipulate pricing strategies to maximize their revenue and amount of $$ they get from you. Nothing wrong with it, I understand it's supply/demand, etc. but people do need to realize what is going on.
No, my ideas for "reasonable" are no where near $700 per night!!! Which is why I'm hoping for the 30% off again!!

During that September trip we left WDW and stayed 1 night at Boca Beach Club in Boca Raton, then 6 nights at the Casa Marina in KW- both of which are Waldorf Astoria properties, neither was close to the price of Poly.

Trust me, I've made several jokes about that on this site. The "Deluxe" resorts are not at all 5 star hotels. They get you on the "convenience" factor. Or at least that's how I "semi" justify the monorail and Epcot resorts. I have no desire to stay at AK..only bc of location...not worth it to me.

With Epcot resorts- convenience while at F&W.
With Poly, my son's favorite character is Stitch..that played a huge role, as well as the convenient transportation options..and a lot to do with the pool.

With CR- strictly convenience.

GF doesn't have a huge appeal to me, I've stayed there as an adult, but don't think my son would love it- compared to Poly at least. And I feel like GF is not so "unique" there are plenty of similar, and better, resorts in SoFla.

I see 'free dining' more as complusory dinning. They have raised the price and made it impossible for you to not take the free dining as there is no room only option cheaper than with the dining. They have removed the discounts during these times. Also the tips you pay on table service would you really have had all that food? Every night at that cost? So they are getting 18% of a full table meal when you may have gone with just an entree or a pizza etc. I think it's all smoke and mirrors. I prefer flexibility to have a discount on the room and dine where I like.

Just so I understand... you pay the tips at the time of dining, NOT included in the cost of the package for a regular dining plan, for table service.

Thanks Paula (and the DIS gang!)
~ Josie ~

Just so I understand... you pay the tips at the time of dining, NOT included in the cost of the package for a regular dining plan, for table service.

Thanks Paula (and the DIS gang!)
~ Josie ~

Yes there are some Table Service restaurants where it is included for example CRT but it clearly tells you that. But typically you pay when you dine.

Free dining promotion includes regular rate on the room. If you have a discounted rate on your original reservation, that maybe why the new pkg is higher. Sometimes, free dining pkg is not worth it.

You can still eat where you want, and the 18% tip is recommended not required. If the service doesn't mandate that you give less if it is better you give more. And the tip goes to the wait staff not the corporation.

You can still eat where you want, and the 18% tip is recommended not required. If the service doesn't mandate that you give less if it is better you give more. And the tip goes to the wait staff not the corporation.

I am pleased the tips do go to the wait staff. Here in the UK some restaurants were charging a percentage and keeping it themselves. Not a penny went to the poor wait staff! They are just ( hopefully ) passing a law to stop this in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter