anyone tried returning/exchanging stuff at david's bridal?

caryndisneydiva

DIS Veteran
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

has anyone tried to exchange anything at david's? i need to exchange my veil and wrap...i'm assuming they won't let me return dress #1...should i even try? i want to exchange for a new (white) veil and a pair of opera length gloves, or a fur wrap...what do you girls think?

i had a very hard time with this for i am was a two dress bride. I did however exchange the veil and tiara for girls purses and the flowergirl dress. but i wont lie it was a struggle.

i had a very hard time with this for i am was a two dress bride. I did however exchange the veil and tiara for girls purses and the flowergirl dress. but i wont lie it was a struggle.

what trouble did they give you? how did you go about doing the exchanges? i'm preparing myself for a struggle on friday.

ok it is long prepare yourself. you are strong you can do it.
i went in about 9 months after my purchase and asked a lady if i could exchange my thigs she said not a problem i will put a note.great i think this is easy.wronge i went back a couple of weeks later and they said that the lasy was wronge and i could not exchange anything. ahhh (i think i will exchange this) i said to them no i spoke with so and so and she said i can. they said well the office is close and we cant get in touch with her. we will call you on monday. ok so i leave. i wait and wait one week later i call there and they said we have no idea what you are saying. ahh i then drove there that weekend and stood there spoke with three mamagers and finally they let me exchange my items. but just stay strong and remember if you did not wear it or open it you have every right to return it.

good luck i hope your store is nicer

I work at David's and here is what I can tell you. Houston is a tough market. I would not go in on Friday if you can help it, it's going to be a mad house and you will have a harder time. They may let you exchanage the veil and wrap for items of greater or equal value, at my store we have no problem doing that as long as the stuff is in good shape and can be sold again. You need to have your reciept. They will not let you return the dress, sorry. What Houston store did you go to?

Another two dress bride... I had a wonderful experience with David's. I've read horror stories and I was relieved that they were so understanding. I was able to exchange my 1st dress, sash and I think a flower I bought. Of course I bought another dress, but they had no issues taking back the sash and flower and crediting those towards my new stuff.

I'd say it doesn't hurt to try. I didn't think they were going to exchange my 1st dress and was pleasantly surprised. Good luck!

I bought my dress, veil, tiara, bra, and crinoline at David's Bridal. All are fine except the bra. I took the tags off of it before I even looked at it, tried it on with my dress, and realized it is the wrong size.... I have tried it on a few other times trying to adjust it, but it just is toooo small.... It's a C instead of a D, so it's making me totally get pushed out of my dress.... Does anyone think there is any chance that I could return this even though technically it has been tried on and i don't have the tags??

**Just as a side note**
My wedding dress arrived and was ordered in the wrong size. I had tried on a size 14 and asked that they order it in a 12. My consultant said that would be fine and she would order a 12. Well, the dress came in 6 weeks later and it was a size 14. They did send it back and get me the correct size. So, it doesn't surprise me that the bra is also the wrong size...

DF and I had planned a previous wedding a few years ago but it didn't end up happening and I had already gotten my dress. I took everything back and told them what was going on and they let me give it back with no problems whatsoever. Good luck if you do try.

i am glad to hear that you ladies did not have the same hassle as i did. maybe it was just the store i had to deal with. goodluck

I work at David's and here is what I can tell you. Houston is a tough market. I would not go in on Friday if you can help it, it's going to be a mad house and you will have a harder time. They may let you exchanage the veil and wrap for items of greater or equal value, at my store we have no problem doing that as long as the stuff is in good shape and can be sold again. You need to have your reciept. They will not let you return the dress, sorry. What Houston store did you go to?

i didn't even think about friday being busy at david's...i bought my stuff at the store in the galleria on san felipe. i'm not terribly pleased with them right now, they lied to me about several pairs of shoes/purses and then lost one of my purse orders...not cool. i'm hoping they don't give me a problem...i want a cathedral length veil and the one i bought originally was expensive, i'm hoping that they don't give me any issues as everyting is still tagged and i have my receipt...

Wait a sec... Caryn, how are you gonna wear a birdcage veil AND a cathedral length at the same time???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter