ANYONE TRIED OR HAVE A RESERVATION FOR LATE FEB OR EARLY MARCH 2020 ??

laura-k

Mouseketeer
I CALLED TODAY TO MAKE MY SAME OLD RESERVATION FOR A PREFERRED CAMPGROUND RESERVATION
for Feb 26th thru the 7th of March and they told me there weren't any -
NO PREFERRED -NO PREMIUM
I always call about this time -it's never an issue -it's always been far enough ahead i even always get my request -
So i was just wondering does anyone have a ressy up towards the lake area for around that time frame ??
the 1st guy tried to tell me it's because of star wars ,but you can still make most hotel reservations ...so i doubt thats it
So i wonder if they just didnt release them ???? or maybe a construction thing

Any info would be great !!!

Try playing with the dates. Reserve what you can now and keep trying for the “missing” days. I’ve had to string together 5 separate reservations to get what I wanted. Once you get them, call the reservation folks and ask for “guest services” who can merge the multiple resides into one for you.
Good luck!

I was going to take the camper down for a conference the first full week of November, figuring it would be empty after Halloween. Nope, not a single thing available. I’m guessing we have Star Wars land to thank

Maybe star wars is it - but a couple months ago they told me the dates were not out -
and now there where full hookups and tent sites only -- so all the preferred and premiums seem to be gone
I think most of these are up by the boat launch area thought maybe they where closing off the lake side spots for construction stuff or something

On 5/31, I attempted to schedule a trip in November to stay at any one of the campsites preferably a Preferred site near the marina for a first Camper trip to FW with my family and parents (we stayed in a cabin in March of this year). I searched and searched and found nothing. We then set our sites on 2/21-2/29 and because the dates weren't searchable on the site, I called in. The only site they had available for our dates were a Full Hook up site and the castmember stated that she was surprised that they even had one of those available, so I'm glad we didn't miss the boat a 2nd time. We plan to stay in my parents travel trailer from here on out just to make the trips more affordable and because we fell in love with FW on our past trip, but it seems you have to book closer to a year in advance to get a spot.

I booked over a year in advance for Halloween and the beginning of November. I could not get a full hook up site. I could only get a tent site.

I tried some reservations for Oct 2020, weekdays available but no weekends, I think the locals are booking the weekends for Star wars yet.

I tried some reservations for Oct 2020, weekdays available but no weekends, I think the locals are booking the weekends for Star wars yet.
I stay every year on loop 3 and i see alott of 2 day to 3 days people come and go sometimes come Tuesday its like half empty ....so i believe thats true !
ON A GREAT NOTE -I JUST SCORED -I'VE BEEN CALLING EVERYDAY AND TODAY I GOT LUCKY -
I DIDN'T GET MY PREFERRED SPOT BUT I DID GET A PREMIUM SPOT FOR MY WEEK IN MARCH ! :)

Just so surprised to have to call so much like i said 20ish years in a row ,anytime before August --no problem .....must be star wars

I stay every year on loop 3 and i see alott of 2 day to 3 days people come and go sometimes come Tuesday its like half empty ....so i believe thats true !
ON A GREAT NOTE -I JUST SCORED -I'VE BEEN CALLING EVERYDAY AND TODAY I GOT LUCKY -
I DIDN'T GET MY PREFERRED SPOT BUT I DID GET A PREMIUM SPOT FOR MY WEEK IN MARCH ! :)

Just so surprised to have to call so much like i said 20ish years in a row ,anytime before August --no problem .....must be star wars

:worship::worship::worship:pixiedust:pixiedust::cool1::cool1:

I CALLED TODAY TO MAKE MY SAME OLD RESERVATION FOR A PREFERRED CAMPGROUND RESERVATION
for Feb 26th thru the 7th of March and they told me there weren't any -
NO PREFERRED -NO PREMIUM
I always call about this time -it's never an issue -it's always been far enough ahead i even always get my request -
So i was just wondering does anyone have a ressy up towards the lake area for around that time frame ??
the 1st guy tried to tell me it's because of star wars ,but you can still make most hotel reservations ...so i doubt thats it
So i wonder if they just didnt release them ???? or maybe a construction thing

Any info would be great !!!

We have never made reservations anywhere close to a year in advance, but decided to this time. Called for end of April 2020 for 10 days, at first told us there was nothing, then found ONE in preferred, which we wanted anyway. Even with the insane rates, all were gone! We've always gotten our ressies no more than 3 months in advance (no holidays). Oh, well, guess we are helping by making ressies no matter the price!! :eek:
Keep checking, maybe you'll snag someone's cancellation!

We just booked last night for October 2020 and were told there were no preferred/premium sites left and only a small number of full hook-ups. We were initially going to wait to book but after coming across this thread we decided to call. Glad we did!

HEY NORTH & GHOSTOFKRYSTENPAST

GREAT AT LEAST YOU GOT SOMETHING !-
I HAVE BEEN INCREASINGLY GETTING MORE AND MORE IRRITATED WITH THE CRAZY *** PRICES FOR A PARKING SPOT
AND AT ONE POINT EVEN THOUGHT OF MOVING MY FORT DAYS OVER TO A MODERATE WITH A PASS HOLDER DEAL BUT THEN THEY
ADDED THE PARKING FEES IN TO THE HOTELS LAST YEAR - SO WHY BOTHER
I STARTED LOOKING AT OFFSITE STUFF TOO -BUT IT JUST MADE ME SAD
SO YES I PAID AGAIN AND THIS TIME EVEN MORE BECAUSE I HAVE THE PREMIUM INSTEAD OF MY OLD COMFY LOOP 3 PREFERRED -
BUT I WILL CALL EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE AND KEEP ASKING - PLEASE REPORT YOUR LUCK WITH YOUR RESSY'S BACK

I HAVE BEEN INCREASINGLY GETTING MORE AND MORE IRRITATED WITH THE CRAZY *** PRICES FOR A PARKING SPOT
Sadly, Disney is only doing what the rest of the industry has done. I'm going to Indy next week for a few days. The downtown hotel I will be in charges $46/night for parking. You can park in the public garage, 2 blocks away for only $30/night.

j

I STARTED LOOKING AT OFFSITE STUFF TOO -BUT IT JUST MADE ME SAD

I go through this same sequence on a fairly regular basis. And, as attractive as some off site offers are, the thought makes me sad as well, so have never done it. I completely understand.

Sadly, Disney is only doing what the rest of the industry has done. I'm going to Indy next week for a few days. The downtown hotel I will be in charges $46/night for parking. You can park in the public garage, 2 blocks away for only $30/night.

j
That too but i meant the parking slab we all rent in fort wilderness ! ha

I have next March 14th for 8 nights booked in a preffered site but I booked it quite awhile ago, back in February I think. It's for my dd's 7th bday and we had done my older dd's 7th in Disney so I didn't want to take any chances and booked it before she had even turned 6 lol.

Could have knocked me over with a feather from the sticker shock I can tell you. Total of 1600 for those 8 nights for a CAMPSITE.

I'm paying less for my deluxe hotel room at universal this September that includes express passes lol. As soon as my youngest starts liking roller coasters I think our Disney days may be done

I think that's just Disney charging you the MAX rate for 2019, ruthies12, until they release real 2020 rates (next week like Tuesday or Wednesday). March is spring break time and was in 2019 the MAX pricey time (like the two weeks in mid-month) so that might really be your rate. Because you're travelling during the max demand period of the entire year at Disney in mid-March. :confused3 From a Fort standpoint, that is.

Those folks travelling in less expensive times like late January and summer 2020 will get a correction to lower their stay total.

A Universal room in September is not a Disney Campsite in March. The former is nice accomodations in the off-season. The latter is off-accomodations in the prime season. It's apples and oranges - not comparable :sad2:. Plus Universal is less in demand than Disney generally speaking. If you want to commute from Universal to Disney you can, of course, but consider the parking fee. And the time on I4 (laughable based on what I've seen the last few trips in drive-time) can be disheartening.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I meant to add, too, that with the Star Wars opening this summer, the momentum of people wanting to come see it will carry into 2020. And in 2021 is the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom in Florida. My fear is that Disney will use those those two events to jack up prices for all the resorts even more and lock them in to establish a new floor/price expectation.

Bama Ed

I have a preferred site booked February 22-29. I booked it basically right at the 499 window I believe, or close to it. We will be staying in Premium in November, so after the February trip we should know which we like better. I recently went ahead and booked a trip for June 2020, basically a year out, and was able to get Preferred, which I chose over Premium, mainly because there are fewer Preferred and I thought I could switch easier to Premium if we like it better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!