ANYONE TRIED OR HAVE A RESERVATION FOR LATE FEB OR EARLY MARCH 2020 ??

I think that's just Disney charging you the MAX rate for 2019, ruthies12, until they release real 2020 rates (next week like Tuesday or Wednesday). March is spring break time and was in 2019 the MAX pricey time (like the two weeks in mid-month) so that might really be your rate. Because you're travelling during the max demand period of the entire year at Disney in mid-March. :confused3 From a Fort standpoint, that is.

Those folks travelling in less expensive times like late January and summer 2020 will get a correction to lower their stay total.

A Universal room in September is not a Disney Campsite in March. The former is nice accomodations in the off-season. The latter is off-accomodations in the prime season. It's apples and oranges - not comparable :sad2:. Plus Universal is less in demand than Disney generally speaking. If you want to commute from Universal to Disney you can, of course, but consider the parking fee. And the time on I4 (laughable based on what I've seen the last few trips in drive-time) can be disheartening.

Bama Ed

Thanks for this post. I was told that I needed to call back and request a rate change if it lowered for our trip I just booked next June. So what you're saying is that they will automatically correct it once the rates are out?

I booked President's Day week 2020 back in January. There wasn't the new Premium meadows option then, just Premium. So I assume I won't be getting a Meadows loop. No price adjustment yet with the new rates, would they contact me if so?

Last edited:
Thanks for this post. I was told that I needed to call back and request a rate change if it lowered for our trip I just booked next June. So what you're saying is that they will automatically correct it once the rates are out?

My understanding has been they will charge you whatever they charge you for the deposit in advance. That's a one night's worth of cash to hold your spot.

But then the total for your visit (for all nights) will adjust to whatever the rates end up being once they are announced. That's the correction I refer to. Everyone's rates for the nights they reserve will be updated to the new rates once they are announced. And you owe the new difference whatever it turns out to be.

I have never heard of anyone ever having to call back to get a rate lowered. But I've only been here for 20 years so take that FWIW.

If I am wrong I am sure someone will come along and correct me.

Bama Ed

PS - over 10 years ago Disney's IT/rate system was so backward they could only charge you the rate that was in effect the day you checked in (that one rate times however many nights). So I worked that game for our one Christmas trip checking in on the last low night like 12/19 or 12/20 before they went to the much higher Christmas rate. They fixed that loop hole the next year. :sad:

I have a reservation for Feb 16 to Feb 29. I went with a full-hook up this time to keep the cost down. I hope to be able to take in a few spring training games. SamBuster

My sister booked a year ahead for the last week of March 2020. When she called two days ago to upgrade to a package, they said it was a good thing she reserved a place early because EVERYTHING in FW was sold out. She and her husband are going mainly to see Galaxy's Edge.

I have a preferred site booked February 22-29. I booked it basically right at the 499 window I believe, or close to it. We will be staying in Premium in November, so after the February trip we should know which we like better. I recently went ahead and booked a trip for June 2020, basically a year out, and was able to get Preferred, which I chose over Premium, mainly because there are fewer Preferred and I thought I could switch easier to Premium if we like it better.
Great idea !

My sister booked a year ahead for the last week of March 2020. When she called two days ago to upgrade to a package, they said it was a good thing she reserved a place early because EVERYTHING in FW was sold out. She and her husband are going mainly to see Galaxy's Edge.
Thats when i usually go between Feb 18th and march 12th --

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter