Anyone travel to Disney with 3 under 3.

WinnieAndMinnie17

Mouseketeer
Hi all, just seeing if anyone here has traveled to Disney with 3 under and is as crazy as we are. We are traveling as party of 8, 5 adults and 3 kids, 2 1/2, 1 1/2 and a 7 month old at the time of arrival. Besides us being crazy going, does anyone have any fun things to do besides rides? We are going to MK for Christmas party and then DHS and Epcot. Heading to Disney on 11/10 and really have nothing else planned for the other 6 days there. Doing dinner at Ohana and mickeys rodeo bbq as well. We are staying off property at an air bnb so we have a car to travel to do other things as well. Any feedback and suggestions are welcomed! My wife and I have already planned one night for just us 2 to do the monorail bar hop because someone suggested it and it sounds fun to do on our 6 year wedding anniversary! We are also huge disney people but have never traveled with this many kids so we want to do some fun things for them as well!

How fun! And you are not crazy -- in our family kids grow up at Disney and some of our best memories come from the toddler years. To answer your question about things to do in addition to rides, there are some nice play areas at Epcot for the younger set and while we've not had a chance to see it in person yet I expect Moana's Journey of Water at Epcot will also be a great walk-through for your littles. We also made a point of searching out favorite characters for photo ops which are now listed conveniently on the Disney app. Happy anniversary and have a wonderful trip!

How fun! And you are not crazy -- in our family kids grow up at Disney and some of our best memories come from the toddler years. To answer your question about things to do in addition to rides, there are some nice play areas at Epcot for the younger set and while we've not had a chance to see it in person yet I expect Moana's Journey of Water at Epcot will also be a great walk-through for your littles. We also made a point of searching out favorite characters for photo ops which are now listed conveniently on the Disney app. Happy anniversary and have a wonderful trip!
Yeah for sure, we are def going to do the character photo ops and am hoping the moana journey is open when we go, kids love that movie! Glad we are not staying on property because as much as we love disney, staying out of the bubble is amazing for us because our air bnb has game room and pool for just us! We made sure all rooms are disney themed at least so our kids feel like they are at a disney resort haha. But thanks we are excited to spend our team here!

Hi all, just seeing if anyone here has traveled to Disney with 3 under and is as crazy as we are. We are traveling as party of 8, 5 adults and 3 kids, 2 1/2, 1 1/2 and a 7 month old at the time of arrival. Besides us being crazy going, does anyone have any fun things to do besides rides? We are going to MK for Christmas party and then DHS and Epcot. Heading to Disney on 11/10 and really have nothing else planned for the other 6 days there. Doing dinner at Ohana and mickeys rodeo bbq as well. We are staying off property at an air bnb so we have a car to travel to do other things as well. Any feedback and suggestions are welcomed! My wife and I have already planned one night for just us 2 to do the monorail bar hop because someone suggested it and it sounds fun to do on our 6 year wedding anniversary! We are also huge disney people but have never traveled with this many kids so we want to do some fun things for them as well!
5 adults and 3 kids should be pretty easy, IMO. You've got plenty of stroller pushers, etc. Will all 8 of you fit in one car, with car seats and strollers though? Maybe have 2 cars so people can split up and go different places. I'd pick up an etra day on your ticket and do Animal Kingdom. My foster grands love watching animals more than anything else, and they are 3,2, and 1. You could even skip AK and make a reservation at Boma at AKL and walk around there to see animals.

5 adults and 3 kids should be pretty easy, IMO. You've got plenty of stroller pushers, etc. Will all 8 of you fit in one car, with car seats and strollers though? Maybe have 2 cars so people can split up and go different places. I'd pick up an etra day on your ticket and do Animal Kingdom. My foster grands love watching animals more than anything else, and they are 3,2, and 1. You could even skip AK and make a reservation at Boma at AKL and walk around there to see animals.
We actually have 3 cars, my wife and I and kids are driving down so we will have our truck and others have their own rentals. We are going to do maybe seaworld or universal for another day instead of AK, we might actually do that restaurant we have eaten there before and loved it and the kids could still see the animals

Just keep your expectations realistic and you will have fun! If the kids will nap in the strollers it will make things easier, especially since you’ll be staying off property. Going back for nap time can eat up a lot of your day. Make sure the strollers recline and have a shade you can pull down. This worked really well for us when our kids were little. The adults can take turns staying with them while the others do rides. Epcot during nap time was always my favorite because we could stroll WS and enjoy a beverage. Crystal Palace is a fun character meal with babies and toddlers. The Winnie the Pooh characters are excellent with littles.

Just keep your expectations realistic and you will have fun! If the kids will nap in the strollers it will make things easier, especially since you’ll be staying off property. Going back for nap time can eat up a lot of your day. Make sure the strollers recline and have a shade you can pull down. This worked really well for us when our kids were little. The adults can take turns staying with them while the others do rides. Epcot during nap time was always my favorite because we could stroll WS and enjoy a beverage. Crystal Palace is a fun character meal with babies and toddlers. The Winnie the Pooh characters are excellent with littles.
Yeah my wife has the bougie strollers, that is part of the reason why we are driving down. I don't trust the airlines and we have over 2k of strollers coming with us so thats a no go lol. Last time we traveled there they broke one of ours and it was horrible dealing without it there. Epcot is def one of my favorite parks to just walk around and relax and have a couple beverages lol. We have done crystal palace before but we are not doing any dining at MK since we are only doing the christmas party there this year. We will have the kids def meet the Pooh characters in their holiday gear hopefully!

We have five kids, and at one time had three under three (plus 2 just over that age) and my husband and I took them by ourselves-it was complete madness but also super fun. They loved the rides, but also just loved playing at the parks, water features, etc. in the parks (the toon town one was a particular hit). They liked characters, and the parades. Now it is all rides, rides, rides, lol. We just took it easy and never had a list of must-dos, left the park whenever the first person was done-truth be told their fave at that age was likely the pool!

Just pay attention to the kids, and you'll be fine. DD only wanted to play in "Pooh's house" right outside the ride queue. She was 4, and over 44 inches, but she would only ride the slow moving dark rides until our very last day.
We finally went to the Boneyard last trip, and that was probably the most fun for all of them.

Also, bubbles. Bringing or buying a handheld bubble machine can go a long way in keeping little ones happy while they're waiting for anything.

Beyond that, pay attention to when they're tired, hungry, or uncomfortable, and let them chase the pigeons. You'll be fine.

ETA: Keep in mind that taking kids to Disney at that age is generally for the adults. Mine were just as happy at the mall carousel at that age as they were at Disney. They don't know that it's a big deal....or more expensive....or anything like that. Adjust your expectations accordingly. Kids are great at finding their own joy at the simplest things. Barring neurodivergence, kids don't tend to need adult input beyond the management of basic needs. I've been bored out of my mind many times, while the kids around me were having the best time of their lives.

Last edited:
Just pay attention to the kids, and you'll be fine. DD only wanted to play in "Pooh's house" right outside the ride queue. She was 4, and over 44 inches, but she would only ride the slow moving dark rides until our very last day.
We finally went to the Boneyard last trip, and that was probably the most fun for all of them.

Also, bubbles. Bringing or buying a handheld bubble machine can go a long way in keeping little ones happy while they're waiting for anything.

Beyond that, pay attention to when they're tired, hungry, or uncomfortable, and let them chase the pigeons. You'll be fine.

ETA: Keep in mind that taking kids to Disney at that age is generally for the adults. Mine were just as happy at the mall carousel at that age as they were at Disney. They don't know that it's a big deal....or more expensive....or anything like that. Adjust your expectations accordingly. Kids are great at finding their own joy at the simplest things. Barring neurodivergence, kids don't tend to need adult input beyond the management of basic needs. I've been bored out of my mind many times, while the kids around me were having the best time of their lives.
please watch where you let kids spray bubbles as some people me included are allergic to the bubbles. they cause me to break out in hives which means no one wants to stand near me in lines when i am breaking out.

Our first big family trip was 10 people, 4 generations. We had two 3 yr olds (cousins just 6 weeks apart) and one just 4 yr old, along with the their 89 yr old great-grandmother. It was a huge success. We did 10 days, staying in a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom vacation rental just minutes away from WDW.

Long mealtimes would not have gone over well, except for Crystal Palace. It was magical for every age! Our 4 yr old was painfully shy but even he participated and interacted with real joy.

We got character pictures only when no waiting was involved. The youngest kids love the characters, the 4 yr was iffy on most so we didn’t push it with him.

The happiest spots were the splash pads and play areas in any park. Parades were OK, Most stage shows were pretty engaging for all ages. We rode Dumbo and the Carousel countless times! Kilimanjaro Safari was a big hit for everyone but definitely requires a good grip on small people (young and OLD!) Obey the rules and don’t let them sit on the outside.

We used strollers a lot and adhered to our own rule that the kids did not ever get to push them. They walked hand in hand with adults when appropriate. Strollers let them nap, ride when tired, and sit and enjoy drinks and treats while taking in the surroundings.

Fireworks surprised us. The kids slept through every one, except for ones at MVMCP. It was back in pre-dessert party days, and we watched from the Tomorrowland Terrace. Great view, and we all appreciated being able to sit down.

Snack bags - each child had their own bag, filled with nutritionally acceptable treats, and they could munch when the mood struck. We did not worry much about their meals, frankly, and often they shared whatever appealed to them on our plates. They could have one special treat each day, usually an ice cream of some sort. Oh, even on the hottest days, our youngest and oldest family members could easily get chilled in the highly air-conditioned restaurants and theatres. Packing a sweater for each was essential.

We had more fun than we could ever imagine. With 4 parents and 2 reasonably energetic grandparents, there was more than enough adult attention and energy to manage and thoroughly enjoy the 3 youngsters. Great-grandmother drove an ECV and loved it. She had missed driving for some years, and the scooter was as much a treat for her as any ride.

The rental home was wonderful. Plenty of space for privacy and togetherness. The kids loved the private pool and we let them swim before breakfast every day. The strict rule was “no child goes onto the lanai without a life jacket.“ That let them leap into the water with abandon, and they did! Again, no lack of adults to supervise.

I can honestly say it was the best vacation my husband and I have ever had.

please watch where you let kids spray bubbles as some people me included are allergic to the bubbles. they cause me to break out in hives which means no one wants to stand near me in lines when i am breaking out.
My younger daughter is also allergic to some bubble solutions. It's really hard to avoid the popping bubbles in an enclosed queue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter