• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Towing witha Nissan Titan?

mrsfascinating

Mouseketeer
We are looking at getting a new truck before we come to FW :yay: and have been looking at all of them. The Titan is a sharp looking truck and is a decent price for all the fancy options you get standard, but we want to know is how it really tows. :confused3 Any comments on this positive or negative would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

:Pinkbounc HI! I have a Titan Crew Cab, and I just want to tell you that if you buy one, you will never regret it!! I love it so much! Sorry, I can't help you witht he towing question, although they do have a couple of titan message boards you could pose this question too- clubtitan.org would be a good one. Anyway, I have heard only good things about the towing capability of the truck.
Anyway, I just wanted to reply about the truck, I got mine in January, and am still so excited about! I have 2 kids so we bought a crew cab, th kids have more room int hat backseat than they had in the minivan that I traded in! Anyway good luck with the truck decision I hope you get the Titan!! And have fun in Disney! :woohoo:

I don't have one, but here's a link to discussions on them:

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20319&highlight=towing

The complaints I have heard about the Titan are all related to gas mileage... less than 10 mpg in many cases when towing. Also, a 5th wheel trailer may not work because of the short truck bed, but based on weight you probably won't be getting one of those anyway. I'm sure for a small to medium sized trailer it will pull fine.

Be careful when talking to salesman I have had both truck and rv salesman tell me I can pull more than I could. Woodalls rv forum has a lot of info on this topic.

I am currently considering purchasing a Rockwood 8315ss that weighs roughly 7,400 lbs loaded. I believe that the truck has plenty of power to tow, but I do have reservations about towing that much with a half-ton truck. I will probably buy the trailer and use it as justification for buying a bigger truck in about a year.
The only number that I seem to be coming close to in my calculations about towing is the Payload capacity. I originally wanted a 5th wheel but the tongue weight was just too much. There is a 5th wheel hitch on the market that will allow you to tow a 5th wheel with a TITAN CC that is made by pullrite. I believe that it is $3K. I have faith in the TItan's towing ability and will probably be ordering my trailer in a few days. I might only be able to do 65mph and maintain my comfort level, but that's no big deal. FW has my reservation and they won't likely give it away :)

We also are considering a trailer around the same weight as above poster..7400 lbs. We are looking into new tow vehicle also. We were considering the Titan..even though as you mention it is a half ton truck..however for the most part we are seasonal..and only plan on towing a couple of times a year. Don't really want to get into a bigger truck..2500 or more for just towing a couple of times a year.
I am also glad to hear about the room in the rear of the Titan. I know that the Doge offers the Mega Cab with that extra large back area. We are for the most part two adults..but when the kids are with us..they are adult sized people. My son is over 6 feet and he is still growing at 15. Put a couple of boys that size in the back of a pick up and it can be tight.

I have a 2005 Titan Crew Cab and have done 30K miles (about 5K miles of towing) with it. I love it. I typically tow 7500# to #8000, and I have no problem at highway speeds even in the mountains. Gas mileage is roughly 14 mpg when towing near the coast (ie flat terrain), but it drops to 10 mpg (or less) when towing in the mountains. There should be no problem towing a heavy trailer, but I believe a 5th wheel is out of the question due to the pin weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter