Anyone still watch Grey's Anatomy??

I noticed that too. I assumed it was to help stay within COVID protocols when filming during the pandemic. Station 19 was doing it as well.
Oh maybe they did it last year, too, but I'm talking about season 13, which aired in 2016-17. I started watching an episode of the day of the show since last fall, so I'm not current yet. Just a few more months, though. :)

This was the season where Catherine Avery thinks there's something wrong with the resident program and makes Bailey hire Eliza Minnick to figure out the problem. All the residents love her, and most of the attendings hate her and side with Webber, who gets pushed out of his position as residency director. So the entire surgical program gets fragmented into factions. I was thinking that the shift toward that style of capsule storytelling — instead of the show's usual ensemble style — was supposed to be symbolic of that fragmentation.

well I've finally watched all 16 seasons on Disney Plus Star in Europe. Wow, what a rollercoaster, 15 years of a catchup. I kinda knew some things, but the character arcs, though the years were amazing. Some episodes and story lines I didn't get. The musical episode I stopped halfway through. Seeing the children grow was cool too. One character exit in season 16 I figured out, but the final reveal of the exit had me tears, it was really well done. I know season 17 is currently airing but I'm going to wait for it to be added to Disney Plus Star in Europe. It will be interesting, seeing how they handle the real world event of Covid.

Ive also been watching some behind the scenes stuff on YouTube, interviews that the cast has given throughout the years. I know at times the cast and crew had issues, I heard about various things down through the years but never really knew the full stories.
I hated the musical episode when I first saw it. But my daughter’s enthusiasm was contagious and now it’s one of my favorites. I even put the soundtrack on my phone.

I noticed that too. I assumed it was to help stay within COVID protocols when filming during the pandemic. Station 19 was doing it as well.
I heard that was the reason but so many other shows found a way. I can’t figure it out.

Oh maybe they did it last year, too, but I'm talking about season 13, which aired in 2016-17. I started watching an episode of the day of the show since last fall, so I'm not current yet. Just a few more months, though. :)

This was the season where Catherine Avery thinks there's something wrong with the resident program and makes Bailey hire Eliza Minnick to figure out the problem. All the residents love her, and most of the attendings hate her and side with Webber, who gets pushed out of his position as residency director. So the entire surgical program gets fragmented into factions. I was thinking that the shift toward that style of capsule storytelling — instead of the show's usual ensemble style — was supposed to be symbolic of that fragmentation.

Oh, I didn't realize what the current season number was!

Checking in after season 14 (2017-18). Not a bad season. This season has, on the whole, a great crop of interns. So much personality there, though I don't buy that Levi still has a fear of blood this far into his internship. And Taryn having a crush on Meredith is a bit silly. The shy nerd-among-nerds thing works so much better with Maggie. But Grey's usually seems to use interns for their humor value until we get to know them, and we've seen others in a bit more depth already.

As for older characters, I feel like Andrew has become sort of a catch-all for whatever romantic subplot doesn't fit somewhere else. I liked his narrative way better in season 13, with the Andrew-Jo-Alex triangle in constant tension. And this is the second season where, in the episodes leading up to the finale, a main character's life is in danger and we think they're going to die, only for them to pull through and... quit the hospital anyway. In S13 (with Stephanie), I thought it was a relief, but this season (with April), it's starting to feel like a cop-out. I might be a horrible person to say this, but I kinda want a major character to die next season because it's been a while and they can't keep performing miracles on people who aren't even sticking around.

But I'm looking forward to watching S15 over the next few weeks. So glad to see Teddy back!

I’m binging it as I type this! I’m a teacher and every summer, I try to pick a show I’ve never seen to cram into my days. Highly addictive yet very doubtful that I will make it through to season 17 by the start of school. I’m enjoying it very much.

To answer the OP, my daughter.

Was just on vacation at the beach not long ago. The kids never wanted to do the evening shops thing, so she just stayed at the hotel and watched Grey's Anatomy. The oldest stayed home completely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts