Anyone still waiting for their stimulus?

My daughter is in the same situation. I haven't filed my 2019 return yet and I thought that might be the reason she hasn't received her stimulus check but apparently that's not the case.

My daughter is in the same situation. I haven't filed my 2019 return yet and I thought that might be the reason she hasn't received her stimulus check but apparently that's not the case.

Hmmm... I haven’t filed for dh and I either. Maybe that is really the determining factor. I have been holding off because we owe but maybe I’ll just get it done. It is all ready to go. I just have to click send and provide payment info.

Hmmm... I haven’t filed for dh and I either. Maybe that is really the determining factor. I have been holding off because we owe but maybe I’ll just get it done. It is all ready to go. I just have to click send and provide payment info.
Ditto, I also owe which is why I haven't filed.

Ditto, I also owe which is why I haven't filed.

I like to make them wait until the last possible day. I guess this time, it's hurting ds20. It's not enough for them to see that he earned way too much to be considered a dependent; they need to see our return to know for sure that we did not claim him as a dependent. Again this is just a guess. @FinallyFL I think you may have figured out our conundrum. :hug:

I like to make them wait until the last possible day. I guess this time, it's hurting ds20. . :hug:
I also typically file on the 14th or 15th even back in the days when I had to mail my return. I did offer to lend my daughter the amount of the stimulus check💰but she declined. She did ask last week if I had filed yet but has otherwise been pretty patient 🙄. Now if she doesn't get the check in August that might change.

Also if you are someone who does the rapid refunds, the stimulas check will go to the tax company that prepared your taxes. Since they front you the money for the refund, they use their address and bank acct when they file your refund so they get your actual refund amount from the IRS since the tax preparer already gave you the money.

That's the whole point guys. I DID file and paid my taxes in April. He still hasn't seen the money even though our taxes this year clearly indicate that he is not a dependent.

That's the whole point guys. I DID file and paid my taxes in April. He still hasn't seen the money even though our taxes this year clearly indicate that he is not a dependent.

If you filled in April they may not have been processed. I have read on reddit others with the same issue since they filed late.

Wow, I wish I could help - we have the opposite issue. DD15 received a full $1200 deposit to her savings account, even though we had already received the $500 for her as a dependent included in our payment. I didn't even notice it for a while because it's a relatively inactive bank account. Now I'm trying to get it returned. My adult niece received 2 stimulus payments and had to send one back. This is crazy.

Has anyone (or their adult children) received their stimulus yet? My 23 year old still has not.

We filed our taxes back in March, so I don't think it matters for those who waited to file by the extended filing date.

Has anyone (or their adult children) received their stimulus yet? My 23 year old still has not.

We filed our taxes back in March, so I don't think it matters for those who waited to file by the extended filing date.
Our 23 year old was the first to receive one. Eventually I was able to enter our banking info. Usually we owe so they wouldn't have that info on file.

Neither of my daughters have received their stimulus checks yet. My son has, but he filed his taxes in April. My daughters filed their taxes in July.

We got ours, our daughter (23) got hers, but our son (26) has still not received his.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter