Anyone still waiting for their stimulus?

MKCP5

DIS Veteran
Wondering if many people are still waiting for their stimulus. Our tax pro said our son would get one but it still hasn't arrived. He was a dependent student in 2018, which threw off the initial mailing of a check, but graduated from college, was working full time in 2019, was not claimed as a dependent and filed his taxes in early April. He received his tax refund. Still no stimulus, and the IRS tool says there is no info available for his payment.
Anyone else in this boat?

Wondering if many people are still waiting for their stimulus. Our tax pro said our son would get one but it still hasn't arrived. He was a dependent student in 2018, which threw off the initial mailing of a check, but graduated from college, was working full time in 2019, was not claimed as a dependent and filed his taxes in early April. He received his tax refund. Still no stimulus, and the IRS tool says there is no info available for his payment.

My wife and I was one of the last people to get it from what I read. We got ours on June 1st. Read on June 3rd that everyone should of got their payment. If you didn’t get a payment by June 3rd and you were expecting one you had to get a hold of ?????
Been too long can’t remember, to start the process. Good luck

My son is/was in the exact situation. Graduated from college and started working full time in 2019. Was not filed as a dependent, he filed his taxes in March and received his refund deposited to his bank account, but no stimulus. Exactly the same as your son right down to no stimulus for him.

Would be good to know who he needs to call. The IRS tool says the same no info available when he checks.

My son is/was in the exact situation. Graduated from college and started working full time in 2019. Was not filed as a dependent, he filed his taxes in March and received his refund deposited to his bank account, but no stimulus. Exactly the same as your son right down to no stimulus for him.

Would be good to know who he needs to call. The IRS tool says the same no info available when he checks.

I may try and call the IRS or our Congressman. Just don't know where to turn to help him. I'll post if I get any info. You please do the same! :)

Our son had the almost the exact same situation. Graduated college in 2018 and started his job in late September, so he was still our dependent for 2018. Filed 2019 taxes in early April claiming himself. I checked the IRS website after we received our stimulus check and it said they needed his banking info. I entered it and he received his stimulus directly to his checking account right after.

Not sure what you should do next if the IRS website doesn’t give you any answers. Maybe he can call the IRS?

Ugh! Why on earth would they send debit cards? I don't think he did that.

Because cry babies were whining about Trump signing the checks. True story.

Someone I knew threw his away thinking it was a fake credit card, like one of those they send people trying to get them to sign up. He said the envelope even looked like junk mail. He remembers getting it and throwing it away, but no luck in getting it replaced yet.

Our son had the almost the exact same situation. Graduated college in 2018 and started his job in late September, so he was still our dependent for 2018. Filed 2019 taxes in early April claiming himself. I checked the IRS website after we received our stimulus check and it said they needed his banking info. I entered it and he received his stimulus directly to his checking account right after.

Not sure what you should do next if the IRS website doesn’t give you any answers. Maybe he can call the IRS?

I may try for him--he works 8-6 every day. I just found an article that said there is a separate # for this for the IRS
(800) 919-9835

Last edited:
His refund went directly into his bank account so I am assuming they have his info for direct deposit. The IRS tool won't let him see anything except to say there's no info. Frustrating! :/

Because cry babies were whining about Trump signing the checks. True story.

Someone I knew threw his away thinking it was a fake credit card, like one of those they send people trying to get them to sign up. He said the envelope even looked like junk mail. He remembers getting it and throwing it away, but no luck in getting it replaced yet.

Wow. I don't even know what to say to that!

His refund went directly into his bank account so I am assuming they have his info for direct deposit. The IRS tool won't let him see anything except to say there's no info. Frustrating! :/

Everyone I know that had their taxes direct deposited, got their stimulus direct deposited also. I would say the chances of them mailing him a pre-paid are slim. I have no insight as to why it hasn't shown up yet, though. Best of luck to your son!

Still waiting on mine...and my tax return. It's been an extremely frustrating few months trying to get a straight answer out of the IRS about where either one of them are. I check the website Every Day. Tax return still being processed, stimulus is eligible but no info yet. One day I was able to enter my bank info, which I thought was progress. That was easily 8 weeks ago. I've called at least 6 times and have been given a different answer each time. Asked to speak with a supervisor. One rep told me I would get a call within 48 hours. Another rep told me 30 days to get a call back. Last time I called, just last week actually, I was told if I don't get my refund by September 15th to call back. I was speechless. In fact I cried. I don't care much about the stimulus, but I would really like my refund.
One rep told me that congressman set the time frames. Is this true?

This exact scenario applies to my ds20. I have read that people who did not get their stimulus will still be able to get it as a tax refund when filing their 2020 taxes. The stimulus was supposedly an early tax refund for 2020. I hope we don't end up owing a lot next time because of that. We usually don't get a refund.

My DH and I filed separately, I got mine but he has yet to get his. We ended up amending the taxes jointly but still nothing on the IRS website. I am just assuming we are going to have to wait until 2021 and get it as a credit on our 2020 taxes.

This exact scenario applies to my ds20. I have read that people who did not get their stimulus will still be able to get it as a tax refund when filing their 2020 taxes. The stimulus was supposedly an early tax refund for 2020. I hope we don't end up owing a lot next time because of that. We usually don't get a refund.

This is what I read as well.

My DS22 is in the same boat, was a dependent in 2018, but not 2019. Did not receive stimulus check yet, but I also heard that if you don't get it, it would apply to your 2020 taxes and he'd get it then. I still check the site periodically, but get the same message as the OP.

My DS22 is in the same boat, was a dependent in 2018, but not 2019. Did not receive stimulus check yet, but I also heard that if you don't get it, it would apply to your 2020 taxes and he'd get it then. I still check the site periodically, but get the same message as the OP.

Just out of curiosity, where is everyone "hearing" that it will come as a refund on next year's taxes? :) I just can't find anything to support that.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, where is everyone "hearing" that it will come as a refund on next year's taxes? :) I just can't find anything to support that.

I was reading other stimulus threads, either here on the DIS boards or maybe on reddit. Seems like this is a common problem for the 22 and 23 year olds were were dependents in 2018 and then not in 2019.

100% exact same situation here. Still no stimulus for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!