Anyone staying up in Orlando to watch the Shuttle launch?

I'm not, however, just a reminder to all shuttle launch watchers... Please stand to the far end of the parking lot for the best possible view. "Bob Varley Shuttle Launch Expert"!!!!!

Dennis-:rotfl2:

Alright, I'm in the far end of my parking lot up here in MA. Will I have the best view from here?

Well - like a dufus I stayed up late to catch the launch and try to get some video (usually we have a really great view right from our front door) but the cloud cover was too thick to see anything.

I was going to blog about and everything.....I even had a title picked out..."LIVE, From the Far End of the Parking Lot!!!!"

Oh well, I'm sure there will be more opportunities to make fun of Bob in the future.....

That's too bad, John. Shuttle flights end in 2010 with STS-133 (this one was STS-123), so there are about 10 more launches to go before the Shuttle program ends. Not sure how many with be night launches.

Well - like a dufus I stayed up late to catch the launch and try to get some video (usually we have a really great view right from our front door) but the cloud cover was too thick to see anything.

I was going to blog about and everything.....I even had a title picked out..."LIVE, From the Far End of the Parking Lot!!!!"

Oh well, I'm sure there will be more opportunities to make fun of Bob in the future.....

Love the title! Bummer it didn't work out. Maybe next time...

DS sent me this txt around 1:00am. "We found the PERFECT spot I don't know where we are but its amazingly good" I knew immediately he must be in the far end of the parking lot. :lmao:

@3:02 "Wow. Got amazing pics and video!"

taken with his Blackberry
36868IMG00118.jpg

He's in class (I hope) right now. Can't wait to see his camera pics.

Nice. Looks a bit like Hiroshima. :scared1:

I would love to see one of these night launches. Really lights up the whole sky.

I didn't stay up like John. :) I went to bed and set the alarm to see the launch. It was a shame that the clouds blocked the view.

Ok Folks, Just to give everyone a heads up here. I actually got onto the Kennedy Space Center property to view this Shuttle Launch at 2:28 AM. I parked in their parking lot all the way in the back, just like I tell people to do. After I parked I bought a ticket and was inside Kennedy Space center sitting in an area that is the closest point to the launch area you can get(6 miles) they told us to watch the launch.
You are going to have to check my blog entry later today or tomorrow to get more details on my experience.

Thank you for the heads-up Bob! Really looking forward to your blog. I do hope you're sleeping right now or at least taking a power nap after staying up all night.
DS just called from a break in classes and gave a brief description of it that sounds amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter