Anyone stay in Hojo’s newly renovated rooms?

HuskyGal

DIS Veteran
We are planning to visit Disneyland next March after a Disney Cruise. I was just about to book Courtyard again because we loved it so much but then I heard Howard Johnson may have newly renovated rooms in building 1. Has anyone stayed there recently? Are all the rooms in building 1 newly renovated or just some rooms? It would be nice to use the $150 I’d save for two nights for Fantasmic dining. Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure if those rooms are open yet although we are about to their revised date for opening. We were going to stay in a kids suite last month, but there were construction delays so building 1 rooms weren't available still. They were fantastic about accommodating us, no complaints there, but sadly we didn't get to try out the new rooms yet. Building 1 has been under renovation since November 2017. My understanding is that the rooms have been completely revamped.

I heard reports of people staying in the new rooms - we were there in March and they were scheduled to open building one mid April so that sounds right. I love the kids suites at HOJO as we love to have two bathrooms so we don't have to share with our teenagers. The bunks are actually normal size twin beds too which helps. I also like HOJO since their kiddy water park is in a different location from the actual pool. I have walked past the Courtyard and the high pitch screaming I hear from the pool area is enough to deter me.

Thanks, everyone! Anyone been in the hojo water playground recently? Water shoes/flip flops required or barefoot worthy?

Thanks, everyone! Anyone been in the hojo water playground recently? Water shoes/flip flops required or barefoot worthy?

Sitting at the Hojos water area right now, have been fine with bare feet. Hot tub was surprisingly the only thing that was slippery.

We booked a double queen room in July for building one so I’ll be staying in a new room! I saw the photos and video on the hojo fb- they look great and the water area will be perfect for my little this summer! Yay!! I think they are all open now and every room in building one is a reno

Does anyone know if buildings 3-6 have been renovated, too? We usually stay in 1 or 2, but the last time we stayed in one of the smaller buildings and it was very mildew-y smelling. I hope they get re-done, too.

Does anyone know if buildings 3-6 have been renovated, too? We usually stay in 1 or 2, but the last time we stayed in one of the smaller buildings and it was very mildew-y smelling. I hope they get re-done, too.

We have never stayed in those buildings - only ever stayed in Kids Suites and our last trip we were put in building 2 since building 1, where we had reserved, was delayed in being renovated. I have friends though who were in the shorter buildings and they did not enjoy their stay and found those rooms less than acceptable so hopefully they are next on the list for a reno. Building 2 was fine though, we had connecting double queen rooms and I thought they were great.

Do you have to specify which building you want to stay in when reserving? I'm not sure how this works and we have a reservation in July. This will be our second time staying there. Its 2 adult women so, we reserved 2 beds. Any suggestions on what buildings we should request? TIA!:o

Do you have to specify which building you want to stay in when reserving? I'm not sure how this works and we have a reservation in July. This will be our second time staying there. Its 2 adult women so, we reserved 2 beds. Any suggestions on what buildings we should request? TIA!:o

The renovated rooms are all in building 1.

You kind of specify to a degree when you make your reservation. If you booked 2 double beds, you'll be in buildings 3-6. If you booked a room with a premium theme park view, you'll be in building 1. If you have a 2 queen, building 1 city view. 2 queen deluxe is building 2. Kid suites are in building 1 on the freeway side. King suites are building 1 while queen suites are building 2. There's a few other room types. I think standard king is building 3. I can't remember the others. We stay there a lot.

You kind of specify to a degree when you make your reservation. If you booked 2 double beds, you'll be in buildings 3-6. If you booked a room with a premium theme park view, you'll be in building 1. If you have a 2 queen, building 1 city view. 2 queen deluxe is building 2. Kid suites are in building 1 on the freeway side. King suites are building 1 while queen suites are building 2. There's a few other room types. I think standard king is building 3. I can't remember the others. We stay there a lot.
I checked my reservation it says buildings 3-6 which is where we stayed last time. Thanks!

Their facebook page has pictures and videos from the renovations... everything looks great.
We are booked into building 2 in July (for our 4th stay there) and have been told by them that there are no
plans at this stage for major refurbishment of any other buildings.

It's a shame that buildings 3-6 aren't being included in the renovation. We stayed in building 6 last year, and while we loved the grounds, pools, and easy parking, the room was seriously sub par compared with everything else on Harbor.

OMG I just saw this post now! Yes, we have completely renovated Building 1 and it looks AMAZING!! New vinyl, new carpet, new new new! :hyper: We changed the theme of our queen rooms to give it a mid-century modern look with artwork by Eric Robison. All bathrooms have been updated to be nice and bright. And we listened to our guests and added usb outlets all over the room! We also added custom furniture to have a family eating area. We are super excited about Building 1 and know you will like it when you stay here!

This was the first part of a 3 part renovation of the entire property. Within the next 4 - 5 years we should have the whole property done! More detail on this to come later!

-Kriss :tink:

Its been a while since we've stayed at the HoJo, but they used to offer "Retro rates". Does anyone know if they still offer retro rates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!