Anyone stay at the Hilton Odaiba? Thoughts

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
As some of you know we are planning on going November 2020.

So DH was talking to one of the guys that works in the international development department... And he just took his family and they stayed for 8 or 9 nights at the Hilton in Odaiba, and said that it was a really really nice hotel, and they did go to TDR 3 1/2 days while they were there... he said that it is a Disney good neighbor hotel and they used the shuttle and/or monorail/train to get to the parks and it was very easy... as well he said it was very close to an airport but DH did not know which one...

I really haven't looked at this option...

So if anyone has stayed here or suggestions... I would appreciate your reviews or thoughts...

Thanks so much...

I haven't stayed at this particular hotel but from what I know about the off-site good neighbor hotels, the shuttles aren't that frequent so you'll have to stick to the schedule. If you take the subway, be careful of hitting rush hour in the morning when transferring at Shin-Kiba which could turn your 40 minute journey into an hour trip. The extra travel time makes a difference if you try to go from rope drop to closing multiple days in a row.

Odaiba is relatively close to Haneda but you need to take the Rinkai line and transfer to get to most places in Tokyo. So if you're only considering Hilton brand hotels, convenience-wise: Tokyo Bay > Odaiba > Conrad for Disney and Conrad > Odaiba > Tokyo Bay for other sights in Tokyo.

mmmm.... weird, not sure if because I went to their website but I just received an email from Hilton Honors stating an offer of USD$200 per room for Odaiba Hilton.
Man.... I hope it is a coincidence and not them monitoring my movements.

I haven't stayed at this particular hotel but from what I know about the off-site good neighbor hotels, the shuttles aren't that frequent so you'll have to stick to the schedule. If you take the subway, be careful of hitting rush hour in the morning when transferring at Shin-Kiba which could turn your 40 minute journey into an hour trip. The extra travel time makes a difference if you try to go from rope drop to closing multiple days in a row.

Odaiba is relatively close to Haneda but you need to take the Rinkai line and transfer to get to most places in Tokyo. So if you're only considering Hilton brand hotels, convenience-wise: Tokyo Bay > Odaiba > Conrad for Disney and Conrad > Odaiba > Tokyo Bay for other sights in Tokyo.

Thanks for the info.... It looks like a really nice hotel... So from what I am gathering, is the Odaiba is sorta in the middle between Tokyo and TDR, and closer to Haenda than Narita .... as well Teamlab Borderless is located there, which is on our must do list... I guess... I am going to have to just sit down and start google mapping out everything to see how it would work out... and checking out all the transportation distance, time factors and cost for the fastest routes.... transportation seems to be the most important thing to work out....

Yes we will be leaning towards Hilton for this trip... We are Hilton members so spending points on some nights and earning points toward other trip on other night...

When we went to Tokyo in April, we stayed at the Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Tokyo Bay when we went to TDR, not Hilton Odaiba. I chose the both of those because after looking at where we wanted go, Odaiba added on a lot more travel time. For us, the savings wasn't worth the time wasted with riding subways and busses. YMMV, but check google maps and see how much travel time you'd add from Odaiba.

FYI, we went to TeamLab Planets, not Borderless because it was easier to not cross Rainbow Bridge. From the reviews I have read, they are very similar. Granted, Borderless has a few more rooms, but Planets has a direction and flow from one room to the next. Also, seeing that it has been around a little longer, it isn't as crowded. That was a huge factor in our decision making.

Keep watching Hilton Tokyo rates. They fluctuate and I scored a nice deal. :thumbsup2

I’m currently planning our Feb 2020 trip to Tokyo. We’re staying at this Hilton on our last night before flying home via Haneda airport. I’ve heard good things. We’re doing Teamlab Borderless and Gundam Base on that last day.

Question - for 2 adults, 1 11-year old, 1 13-year old, can we all fit in ONE room at the Hilton Odaiba? I just checked Hilton's website - we only need 1 night, 11/14/2020 - they show NO ROOMS available !?!?! That seems strange. But, wondering if maybe I have to enter 2 rooms?

I really like the idea of maybe ending our trip back in Odaiba - since we want to do Teamlab Borderless & toyota Mega City. We fly out of Haneda on the 15th.

4 of us stayed at the Hilton Odaiba....4 beds...it was awesome. I had the window view...20191219_150437.jpg20191219_194814.jpg
I would check again in a few days. Or email them. Your idea of ending with Team Lab Borderless and Mega Web is a pretty good idea, IMHO.

(2 adults, 1 15 yr old, 1 13 yr old)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter