Anyone stay at Gran Destino yet? We just booked our next WDW vacation staying in the new tower!

We stayed in a standard view July 10-13 and absolutely loved it. It is the least "Disneyfied" hotel I've stayed at on property, but not in a bad way! We liked it so much that we changed our November reservation from Port Orleans French Quarter to another tower stay!
Could I pick your brain about 2 things?
1) wondering how long the walk is to the main pool and quick service food options from the tower?

2) what is the bus situation like? I know the resort has several stops - does the tower have its own stop or its own dedicated bus line?

Thanks!

I just booked CL suite for end of sept/early oct 2019. There were no other room types left.

I am curious as to what food/bev is available, and just how crowded the club (and hotel for that matter) will feel.

From pics, it looks like the bust stop is right outside the tower.

Could I pick your brain about 2 things?
1) wondering how long the walk is to the main pool and quick service food options from the tower?

2) what is the bus situation like? I know the resort has several stops - does the tower have its own stop or its own dedicated bus line?

Thanks!

Haven't stayed there, but have done much research!

1. The walk is just 2 or 3 minutes people have said. No quick service in Tower, but a quick walk through an air conditioned, enclosed walkway to El Centro where the big quick service place is. There is a bar/lounge in the lobby that has coffee, pastries and some grab/go stuff (fruit cups, yogurt cups, meat cheese/ cups, etc.)

2. It's the same bus situation as before, just the stop in front of El Centro moved to Tower. You are the last pick up at resort before leaving for parks and last drop off coming home. Opposite for Disney Springs. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Haven't stayed there, but have done much research!

1. The walk is just 2 or 3 minutes people have said. No quick service in Tower, but a quick walk through an air conditioned, enclosed walkway to El Centro where the big quick service place is. There is a bar/lounge in the lobby that has coffee, pastries and some grab/go stuff (fruit cups, yogurt cups, meat cheese/ cups, etc.)

2. It's the same bus situation as before, just the stop in front of El Centro moved to Tower. You are the last pick up at resort before leaving for parks and last drop off coming home. Opposite for Disney Springs. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)
Wow, you certainly have done your research. Good to know that pools and quick service are so close - bummer about being the last bus stop, though! I wonder if buses typically fill up before they get to that stop?

We are currently staying in the tower right now. We absolutely love it! Honestly I am a deluxe snob out favorite trip yet was the YC. I have to say we all love it! I would stay here again in a minute. I just don’t think I would go again in July. Way to many tour groups

Wow, you certainly have done your research. Good to know that pools and quick service are so close - bummer about being the last bus stop, though! I wonder if buses typically fill up before they get to that stop?

Another never stayed but done alot of research...it appears it's hit or miss if the buses are full before that stop, but typically they are not full. May not have a seat per se, but not full. The reason why it is the last stop is supposedly so that anyone staying in the resort can jump on any available bus to get to the lobby without having to walk there, or wait for the Internal Bus to make its loop.

I booked for Thanksgiving week with the free dining promotion. We were trying for a One bedroom at AKL or Kidani. I ended up with a 1 bedroom at Saratoga. I was able to switch to a Deluxe Suite in the Tower with Club Access for about the same.

I've never done Club Level so I'm super excited. We might miss having in-room laundry and a tub but I think it will be worth it. I was nervous about this trip being unpredictable due to the thanksgiving crowds, Star Wars etc.. but having a new resort to explore with tons of dining options makes me feel a little better about alternate plans if things go off the rails.

CSR is my favourite resort and when we stayed there, the buses were rarely full (we were staying in the Rancho section and it has been our best bus service in all our trips to WDW). Our favourite spot for breakfast and lunch when at the resort was at the pool bar.

Just switched from Art of Animation to a Grand Destino water view room under the Disney Visa discount for $199/night! Was hoping for a standard view ($180), I guess I can keep checking back, but our trip is in 12 days, so might not happen...

We are currently booked at POFQ for January 2020 but seriously thinking about switching over to GD tower. I'm waiting (and hoping for ) SPD discounts and would like to see what's included. Trying to decide if staying in the new tower with deluxe-like amenities outweighs the bus situation. DH loves the look of CSR and kids would love the pool.

I’m having trouble finding availability in late May-early June! I would Like to book there but was hoping for a standard view or at least a water view, looks like it’s all booked 😢

I’m having trouble finding availability in late May-early June! I would Like to book there but was hoping for a standard view or at least a water view, looks like it’s all booked 😢

It's crazy!

We are going early May and I'm so glad we booked the Tower before it opened and all the pictures came out because our room category (water view - not a King room) is all booked up! Either they have a lot of conventions booked for May or a bunch of us childless adults have booked all the rooms. ;)

It's crazy!

We are going early May and I'm so glad we booked the Tower before it opened and all the pictures came out because our room category (water view - not a King room) is all booked up! Either they have a lot of conventions booked for May or a bunch of us childless adults have booked all the rooms. ;)

We’re going in late May, but we aren’t childless! Our son will be 4 at the time. I don’t think it’s just childless adults booking the tower...

We’re going in late May, but we aren’t childless! Our son will be 4 at the time. I don’t think it’s just childless adults booking the tower...

It's a joke referring to the article going around about childfree couples and Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter