Anyone sick at your house?

Our house has been passing a cold around for the last two weeks. Nothing serious but it aggravated my existing mystery cough. One lasting symptom is waking up with a very sore throat that gets better during the day but comes back the next morning. It was so bad that I even went for a strep test but it was negative.

Got my shingles vaccine yesterday afternoon and woke up felling horrible today. I have no energy, body aches and chills. Finally almost all better but I plan on just going to bed early tonight.

That could just have been your immune system standing up to the vaccine, and not an actual illness. Our bodies don't realize vaccines are dead/weakened so they attack it full force (which is what we want to happen.) When your body thinks there's a threat it raises your temperature e ause lots of diseases can't survive at higher temps. The fever may have caused the aches. Your body may have felt exhausted because it was focusing so hard on eliminating this "threat." All that to say, I'm sorry you felt bad. :sad1: But seems like it could be a good sign that your body reacted appropriately and you're creating those antibodies as we speak! :goodvibes

Ugh.. what a holiday it’s been. My son is Still in bed with... what they think is strep and lab results not in, a body rash that is finally lessening, and awful looking mouth Eek, temps Every night and just plain sick... going on ...since Xmas.
Back thru urgent care again today to check out his breathing .. chest clear and Praying this new antibiotic will kick the illness to the curb. Crazy!
My head cold almost gone but what a nasty doozy. I rarely get sick but when I do, it’s always worse n lasts longer.

So here’s to 2019 and Healthy days ahead.. for all.
and thx to garlic n booze (lol) for my hubby who s been nursing us all.. not sick.. fingers crossed it stays that way!

Sorry to hear of all those who are still ill. We are on day 6 here with at least 1 person feeling bad. I need to buy stock in bleach and Lysol. I hope we have it kicked by the time school starts...so they can go get something new. :rolleyes:
Hoping everyone feels better soon.

Most of my symptoms are gone thankfully. Yesterday I got off to a rough start, In addition to feeling awful I fell down the stairs. Thankfully I didn't break anything or sustain any real injuries besides turning my ankle a bit and being a little sore from the tumble

Got my shingles vaccine yesterday afternoon and woke up felling horrible today. I have no energy, body aches and chills. Finally almost all better but I plan on just going to bed early tonight.

Did you get Zostavax (the original shingles vaccine), or Shingrix (the new shingles vaccine)?

Yep. 2 weeks before Christmas my nephew was coughing and not feeling well. My sister had just had abdominal surgery a few days before so I told her if he wasn't going to school the next day send him to my house which did happen the next day. Since he didn't have a fever he went back after 1 day. The following week his sister started coughing but refused to miss school the last week. No fever so she went. Then I started showing symptoms of a cold and felt horrible through Christmas Day, again no fever just coughing and breathing as I have COPD. I started on breathing treatments and have been slowly getting better. Both kids' coughs have not been getting better so they finally went to the doctor for antibiotics and now my sister, their mom has been running a temp and having cold symptoms. At least she had a good 3 weeks to heal from her surgery before starting coughing. One of my other sisters has the same thing. I kept both kids overnight last night for New Year's Eve and to let my sister rest. Between the 3 of us someone was coughing all of the time. I can't really complain because this is the first cold I've had since I retired from teaching 3 years ago! Last year I took care of both kids for a week each when they had strep throat and didn't catch it from them!

My DH and I have been sick since the weekend. He has a really deep cough, on and off fever. I have it mostly in my head, fever comes and goes. Now I just realized I have no sense of smell, I think I used too much nasal spray last night. Assorted aches and pains. Of course there were no doctors around for the New Year. ick!

My DH had the flu right before Christmas. He had the flu shot and was diagnosed with Type A flu. Took about a week, but he's over it and thankfully had no complications. He's also a Type 1 diabetic, so I worry about him when he gets sick. My son and I never caught the flu from him and neither of us got flu shots this year.

Clorox wipes are my best friend! Trying to stay well!

We are getting better.:)

I’m jealous. My oldest is on day 5 of antibiotics from double ear infections, which is strange because he’s 24 and not a toddler. My DD (15) just got prescribed antibiotics for a sinus infection. Poor thing. Her face is puffy and nothing is helping her headache. And now DH is getting a sore throat. Whatever we caught is nasty and doesn’t want to leave without a fight. We’ve not needed antibiotics like this since the kids were little.

I’m jealous. My oldest is on day 5 of antibiotics from double ear infections, which is strange because he’s 24 and not a toddler. My DD (15) just got prescribed antibiotics for a sinus infection. Poor thing. Her face is puffy and nothing is helping her headache. And now DH is getting a sore throat. Whatever we caught is nasty and doesn’t want to leave without a fight. We’ve not needed antibiotics like this since the kids were little.

We still have three days worth of antibiotics.

I hope the antibiotics do their job and your family gets well soon.

Today I started feeling what seemed like post nasal drip and my throat has just gotten worse and worse. Ugh. I was just sick in November- did not expect to deal with this again so soon.

Today I started feeling what seemed like post nasal drip and my throat has just gotten worse and worse. Ugh. I was just sick in November- did not expect to deal with this again so soon.

Try to get ahead of it. I swear by ColdEze but you have to start it RIGHT at the beginning or it does not work. Some like Airborne. Good luck, there are some nasty viruses going around now, as proven by this thread LOL!

I was sick in early December only to get something else on Christmas day. I'm finally getting over that now. I hope this round goes quickly for you!

Try to get ahead of it. I swear by ColdEze but you have to start it RIGHT at the beginning or it does not work. Some like Airborne. Good luck, there are some nasty viruses going around now, as proven by this thread LOL!

I took 2 airborne yesterday but I guess it already had its foothold, I woke up worse. Hopefully I can get it out of my system quickly. I really didn’t want to miss any work this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter