Anyone sick at your house?

My DH is still recovering from type B and pneumonia. He spent a week in the hospital. He went back to work, but he is taking it easy.

I was sick 3 weeks ago and still have a lingering cough. The dr gave me antibiotics right before Christmas because it turned into a sinus infection. Thankfully, I was mostly better by my parents' visit and only DS16 got a very mild cold. No clue how DD snd DH stayed healthy (knock on wood). Lots of illnesses going around now.

Hope everyone starts feeling better!

My son came in to visit :) Within the week he caught something ...Viral. Temps of 102+ since Monday night. Was In bed thru Xmas and ( dr saw him late Thursday ) Finally last night had a normal temp .. hoping he wakes up that way later today. Praying so.

I have a Super Nasty head cold(?). ... had body aches starting late Tuesday... been in bed since.
Presents still under the tree, we missed Theater show tix, ( but he and I did get to see Aida the week before!)
It’s been rough. My poor hubby has been taking care of both of us.. so far so good for him ( he says garlic and alcohol lol are helping)
Really hope we reBoth past this by tomorrow. I have never had anything like this before ...with low temp, sneezed like 40 times yesterday.. my nose n skin and face are a mess.
But.... thankful we re together. And we all got the flu shot in Oct! I really just wanna be past this already! I typically don’t get sick.. ugh!
Added: hubby said grocery store “pharmacy aisle” was packed and they were out of stuff.. clearly a bad season Despite beautiful weather here.

We have had a bug for the last few days. I have not felt this bad for a long time. Nothing like puking while trying to clean up your kids puke. :scared:

Thank you kitty. I know we will make, but man it’s no fun. I’m just thankful we are on break so nobody is missing school. We have a funeral to attend Wednesday, so I’m hoping we are all ok by then. Good luck and healthy vibes to everyone else who is feeling unwell.

My DH is, and I am trying my best not to be sick too. I am doing everything I can to battle back kind of a sore throat. It is not bad enough to call myself sick, but it is enough to be very annoying.

I caught a cold the Tuesday before Christmas. Itchy, watery eyes, drippy nose, lots of sneezing. Sambuccol, cold/allergy tablets, hot tea and hot water, and an occasional motrin and I kept it from becoming unbearable. But still have to blow my nose more often and hve a post nasal drip. Dh caught it and it's stuck in his head causing stuffiness and head pressure.

None of the rest of our family caught it.

Our niece had a stomach bug for Christmas. Stuff is definitely going around our area.

Week 3 of a cough, tired, and just general yuck. My youngest had croup the week before I got sick and now seems to be coming down with this funk. Thankfully the others seem to be immune.

I told dh that if I turn to make it a clean shot cause I sound like I caught the walking dead virus or seriously need to cut back on my smoking (never smoked a day in my life) :rolleyes1

I caught a cold the Tuesday before Christmas. Itchy, watery eyes, drippy nose, lots of sneezing. Sambuccol, cold/allergy tablets, hot tea and hot water, and an occasional motrin and I kept it from becoming unbearable. But still have to blow my nose more often and hve a post nasal drip. Dh caught it and it's stuck in his head causing stuffiness and head pressure.
Mucinex or Robitussin round the clock will help thin out those secretions so you can blow or cough them out. It's such a nice feeling when the last ones come out! :faint:

Woke up yesterday with pinkeye which I haven't had since I was a teen. Fantastic.

YES! me! have had a sinus infection. Am from the Boston area and it seems like this thing is nation wide. The stomach thing as well!! Nasty little travelling germs!!!!!!!

OP here. Sorry to hear about all of you dealing with being sick this time of year. Turns out my cold turned into a sinus infection. Finally broke down yesterday and went to get it checked and am now on antibiotics 10 days.

Hoping this is not how the winter will be. I have not been on antibiotics since I was a kid and I’m 53 years old. This cold is not fun!

Hoping everyone is healthy soon!

I had a sinus infection before Christmas. I actually finished my last dose of anabiotic’s Christmas Eve. Then Thursday I had to leave work early with some weird stomach thing. I felt like I had severe heartburn and my stomach was just on fire. Let’s just say I was happy to be home.

OMG I like coughed all night. I got up start drinking coffee and the cough gets a lot better, but my throat is kind of raw and I am exhausted :sad2: I am so NOT paryting tonight, I am going to be in bed by 9:00 I hope.

Everyone here caught a Norovirus Christmas Eve. In stages, of course. I think everyone is on the mend for New Year’s Day, which is good so we can have our Christmas dinner that everyone was too sick to even look at, let alone eat on the 25th.

Dh had a cold a few days before Christmas. I had a cold a few days after Christmas. Ds has a bit of a cold right now.

Got my shingles vaccine yesterday afternoon and woke up felling horrible today. I have no energy, body aches and chills. Finally almost all better but I plan on just going to bed early tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter