Anyone sick at your house?

DH had the flu Thanksgiving week confirmed by a flu test and yes he had a flu shot (second year in a row for him), I was immediately started on a 10 day preventative due to my immune suppression theraoy, same as last year for me too. Luckily he was better by our December 8 Disney trip BUT he still has the cough, doctor says it could take another few months! Now my son is sick, fingers crossed I can avoid it.

My coworker's DIL showed up on Xmas eve feeling sick. She's had a mild sore throat and headache. No fever and is doing things. She ended up going to an urgent care wanting a Z-pak (not sure why) and they swabbed her for the flu. She apparently has Type A flu, yet she's functioning, going out to dinner, etc. Maybe not as lively as usual. Guess she's got a very mild case.

Stuffy nose and headache that comes and goes. Nothing serious.....as long it is gone by cruise time!!

These are the people in my family that have the stomach crud.......

me, DH, a DIL, my grandson, a nephew, my mom and Dad both and one of my sister's DILs.

Well we made it through Christmas but it caught up to me the next day. Have had a chest cold that I managed to hold off for the most part to host the holiday. Then I crashed. And now my daughter has it. Seems to be one that lingers around from what others are telling me.

Have you made it through Christmas relatively healthy?
Yes me an it is so bad I had to go to the Doctor an I hate the Doctor. Ruled out the flu thank goodness but it is bronchitis

My nephew had a nasty upper respitory infection, but so far everyone in our house has been spared.

My youngest was sick for Christmas, woke me up at 3:00 am December 24th with the dreaded, "Mom, I don't feel good". She had a fever and was nauseous and was sick through Christmas day. She feels better today but I woke up sick this morning. Today was such great weather and I spent most of it in bed instead of taking the kids to the zoo like we planned :(

The upper respiratory going around is no joke. Lasts for days but no fever, or very low fever, it seems. I barely remember Christmas day I felt so bad. Now Im just "regular cold" level sick. Today is day 6.

Last edited:
The upper respiratory going around is no joke. Lasts for days but no fever, or very low fever, it seems. I barely remember Christmas day I felt so bad. No Im just "regular cold" level sick. Today is day 6.

Whenever I get a bad cold or something like you've described, I swear, it's a 3 week thing.

The upper respiratory going around is no joke. Lasts for days but no fever, or very low fever, it seems. I barely remember Christmas day I felt so bad. No Im just "regular cold" level sick. Today is day 6.

Did you get antibiotics? I was sick for over a month with it. It was awful. Coughing, congestion, coughing, coughing and more coughing.

DS had a one day stomache bug about a week and a half before Christmas. Then younger DD brought home some kind of cold. You basically feel like you’ve been hit by a truck for three days and then are fine aside from a lingering cough and nose blowing. I thought I was in the clear but got it and had a fever all three days. Then older DD got it. Somehow DS who picks up everything did not get it. I thought for sure he would wake up sick on Christmas morning but he seems in the clear. DH never gets sick. Then I got what is described below by scrhsa. I’m thinking I picked it up from DS.
I have had some weird stomach thing. I've been slightly queasy but with severe bloating and heartburn. And just plain not feeling good. I've been trying to figure out if it's something I've been eating/drinking or just a weird stomach thing. One dd had some stomach issues this morning but is doing fine now.
I thought maybe it was all the junk I’d been eating but after reading this and the rest of the thread I’m thinking bug. After about four days of the above symptoms I spent a good portion of the day in the bathroom.

I didn’t. My wife is a nurse practitioner and thinks it’s probably viral.

I didn't either, but so many who have had it were put on antibiotics. It was honestly the worst cold I have had in a long time. It just lingered.

I went to doctor on Wednesday, they did a chest X-ray, and pneumonia in my right lung. So now on antibiotic for that. Never had pneumonia before,and didn’t realize how bad it makes you feel.

Me! Have had congestion, sneezing, and mild coughing for the last two weeks. Finally went to the doctor for a cocktail shot yesterday and I can FINALLY breathe again!

I’m forcing my 23 year old to go the doctor tonight. He’s just so sick and nothing is helping :( I hate cold and flu season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter