Anyone sick at your house?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Well we made it through Christmas but it caught up to me the next day. Have had a chest cold that I managed to hold off for the most part to host the holiday. Then I crashed. And now my daughter has it. Seems to be one that lingers around from what others are telling me.

Have you made it through Christmas relatively healthy?

Well we made it through Christmas but it caught up to me the next day. Have had a chest cold that I managed to hold off for the most part to host the holiday. Then I crashed. And now my daughter has it. Seems to be one that lingers around from what others are telling me.

Have you made it through Christmas relatively healthy?
We’re all fine, thankfully, and now that you mentioned it, I don’t think any of the people we’ve spent time with have been sick.

I have it now. I started to feel it coming on last week and by Christmas eve I was exhausted by 8pm and looking at my watch for my kids to leave so I could go to bed. Today it's all in my head and I can't breathe and I have an on-again off-again headache. My body hurts a little bit more today than yesterday as well. Hoping this is the worst of it.

Woke up the day after Christmas with a stuffed up nose and some chest congestion. :sad2: Not surprised as I work with kids and leading up to the holiday everyone was sick. Hoping I can fight it off with the preventative stuff I'm taking.

Besides a cold here and there we've been good, knock on wood.

Ugh! One of the kids came home from college with some sort of nasty upper respiratory illness. So far, another 3 out of 6 have gotten it. We are leaving for a long weekend in the snow so hopefully it doesn’t hit me when when we’re gone.

For a change, no one was sick at Christmas. We stayed away from Sister in law and brother in law as they have been sick for weeks. So far so good, but the decent weather has probably helped here. Hope anyone who is sick, feels better soon!

So far so good. I don't even know anyone who is sick so that helped. Knock on wood, right? I have been out in the public a LOT before Christmas so I'm hoping I didn't pick up anything.

Anyway, as always, the "sick" season seems to explode right after the holidays. All that travel and family/friend gathering time seems to kick of the cold and flu season with a bang. Next week, everyone will be sick, I'm sure!

Yep. Me now. As usual, I'm the last to get it while everyone else is better and stir crazy. The nausea is horrible.

I've been sick for 2 weeks. First I had a sore throat, then chest congestion and a bad cough. Then I started feeling better the day before Christmas only to get another sore throat Christmas morning that turned into head congestion. I finally caved and went to the doctor yesterday. She started me on an antibiotic since I've been sick so long and might have a sinus infection. Knock wood, so far nobody else has caught it.

My 5 year old was throwing up all day yesterday. She seems to be on the mend now though. Some kind of 24 hour stomach bug going around.

My husband and I had a cold the last two days and then yesterday afternoon I started feeling worse and worse. I now have a stomachs virus and a nasty head cold. Then 3:00 am my son started getting sick- in his room, our room, the hall. My husband was up all night with the baby who seems okay but is super fussy (she threw up on me the day before Christmas at a family party so she’s clearly patient zero). Son and I can’t get out of bed wi5out getting sick, my husband is laying on the floor of my daughters room while she plays around him.

At 5 this morning I texted my mom, who lives 4 hours away. She texted back that she’ll be here by 5 tonight and will have everything under control. Thank God for moms, even when you’re older and a mom yourself sometimes you just need a mom to come take care of everything. I remember when I was really young and everyone in my family got the Hong Kong flu (the one that lasted 2 weeks and was deadly). My great grandma got on a greyhound bus and came to take care of all of us. She was a gem.

My daughter had a horrible cold on Christmas and we traveled in the car 6 hours that day. Can't believe none of us caught it from her.

Travelled 13 hours on Christmas Day by car to get to a house that we found out after arriving had someone with the flu. After 2 days; I am the only one left who isn’t sick.

Nope, although 3 of the 11 kids in DS15's class were out with Flu A last week, one with strep and one with the stomach bug, and I work at the school and am exposed to everything coming and going. We had a lot of kids out sick and kids being sent home sick the three days we had school last week.

My sister in law came to Christmas at the ILs feeling horrible with a cough and a fever; she couldn't get warm covered up with a heavy blanket and sitting by the wood burner. :sad2: They were supposed to leave in the afternoon to go to her grandmother's house for dinner, but they didn't go because she didn't want to expose that family "in case" she was sick.

I have had some weird stomach thing. I've been slightly queasy but with severe bloating and heartburn. And just plain not feeling good. I've been trying to figure out if it's something I've been eating/drinking or just a weird stomach thing. One dd had some stomach issues this morning but is doing fine now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts