• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ridden Monsters Inc yet?

denyd

Mouseketeer
I just read that Monsters Inc had a soft opening for the public. Has anyone been on it yet? Comments, evaluations, complaints?

DS4 & I were heading for DCA tonight to see the Playhouse Disney, Block Party, watch the Tree Lighting, visit Crush, grab dinner at Ariel's Grotto and watch the Electrical Parade. Now we can add checking to see if Monsters Inc is open. We got lucky last year and happened to be at DL when Buzz was soft opened, so we'll try for another new ride tonight.

I rode it twice yesterday. Definetely thumbs up. It's really cute. Also, there's some variations in it that make it a little different each time you ride it. Just be warned, it might break down at any given point. I rode it around 12:30ish yesterday, went and had lunch, rode TOT, and went back over when another friend got to the park and it was broke down. We talked to a few of the CMs at the ride (my friend knew them) and who came walking by but Matt Ouimet. He stopped and talked to us (and my friend and I both got happy b-day wishes from him). He's super nice. Anyway, we went to get our free tortillas at the tortilla factory and came back and it was open.

We were also lucky enough to get a ride when it was open around 4:30 after leaving the final Playhouse Disney show.

:cheer2: :banana: Excellent ride, perfect for young and old alike. On par with the best C ticket rides (Peter Pan, Snow White, etc) in DL. The Randall effect and the Roz Finale were my favorites while my DS4 liked it when Boo was wacking Randall with the bat.

I was also quite surprised to see the large number of guests (almost crowded) in DCA. Whether it was for Monsters, the Block Party Bash or DL overflow, that was the fullest I've ever seen DCA. After watching the BPB and grabbing dinner we went over to DL to ride the Tea Cups, Small World and Carousel before heading back to DCA for the Electrical Parade and since the 7:15 showing of the Christmas Parade was going, the CMs routed us backstage behind the Emporuim side of Main Street and we came out next to the Fire House as the Santa and the end of the Parade was passing by.

when is the actual openning date? I know it's sometime in January, but I haven't heard of an exact date?

I rode the attraction 6 times on Tuesday. It was great! I loved all the wonderful effects, and how much heart was put into the ride. We ended up on the attraction the first time it broke down. The cast members were great and very prompt with getting everyone off. :)

I rode monsters twice yesterday, it was terrific. I like how they added those little special effects to make it an updated dark ride (much better than Pooh). The Roz ending is awesome!

so is a soft opening just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. like, are there CMs that tell you when its open for the public. how do you know when you can ride it? :confused3

Just walk over there. Unless a CM is out there saying it's not open (there's a sign saying that there's previews, but that they may close the ride down at any time), it's open.

iceskatejen said:
Just walk over there. Unless a CM is out there saying it's not open (there's a sign saying that there's previews, but that they may close the ride down at any time), it's open.
thanks iceskatejen! :)

I was there wednesday, I just logged on to check and see if anyone had posted that they are doing soft openings...... I took pictures of the queue..... but the ride shut down right when we got close to the front.
We waited about an hour but then they said the problem was more serious and were waiting for programers to come.... so I reluctantly left.... I am going to watch the video now!

It was OK. There are a few areas where it is great and a few that were for little kids. Mine are 7 & 10 so they were bored in a few areas. BUT definately much better than Pooh at DL. I have a few photos but unfortunately no time to upload them. After Christmas I will try. DCL not to crowded on Friday BUT DL very crowded. We only rode one ride all day at both parks - Monsters Inc!

Nice to hear it's opening officially in January. We'll be there for three days in March. Can't wait to give it a try.

I've seen it announced as Jan 23rd on a couple of other sites. They'll probably keep going with the soft opening until then, though it will probably continue to open and close as necessary.

I'm hoping that they'll look at how wonderful the ride is and decide to upgrade the Winnie the Pooh ride to the same quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter