Anyone rent a booster seat from National?

Pooh667

Mouseketeer
Hi,

My sister posted this on the transportation board too but I thought that I would post it here too. Has anybody ever rented a booster seat from National? The kids are two big for the 5point harnesses so their boosters would have to go through as checked luggage and we were hoping to avoid that. What condition were the seats in, cleanliness, ect.? What did you do to disinfect the seats? We were thinking of maybe taking a sheet and then cutting holes for the straps if needed? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Thanks,
Susan

It seems to me that when I looked into renting a car seat once upon a time, it was ridiculously pricey - like $10/day (don't quote me on that though). Not at all worth it - you could buy a brand new seat for less.

Yes, we rented a booster from National two years ago. It was the basic breverra high back and it was in very good condition. It was pricey though, I think $8 a day each seat back then, with two kids it adds up. You could bring some lysol or stop to get some to freshen them up if you think its necessary.

FWIW I have also checked our seats through and it was easy and painless. TRU and other baby stores have bags for the seats. We have checked the seats through with and without the bag and had no issues either time.
Enjoy
TJ

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I called National and they say it is $6 a day per seat so that would bring me to $12 a day. The reason I was thinking about renting was that when I went to look for bags I was told that they do not fit booster seats. I am going to look harder.

Thanks again,
Susan

We checked ours just putting a heavy duty clear garbage bag over it to keep clean. we had no problems and did not want to spend money on a bag we would only use once or twice.

Have you checked the prices of the smaller booster seats that work with only the vehicle lap belt? I have seen a few models around here on slae for $15, sometimes less. Then, the kids could use them on the plane, not be put through as checked baggage, and could be used for the rental car as well.

Originally posted by disney0928
Have you checked the prices of the smaller booster seats that work with only the vehicle lap belt? I have seen a few models around here on slae for $15, sometimes less. Then, the kids could use them on the plane, not be put through as checked baggage, and could be used for the rental car as well.

Unfortunately these are not allowed on the airplane, they are also not very highly rated in cars which may be why they are always on sale. In order to use a child car seat on an aircraft it must have the FAA sticker and have its own harness system.

You can also gate check a carseat but we have always found it easier to check them as baggage. We have the big blue "car seat carrier" that was sold at TRU about 2 years ago and it fits our two breverra boosters just fine. I like the garbage bag idea though - seems like it would work just as well.

Have fun whatever you decide....
TJ

We recently purchased a $23 booster seat to have as a spare in my car, we often have another child going places with DD (3) It is similar to the lap belt only type but it has a strap with a clip type thing on a strap to put the shoulder belt through. They are small enough and lite to toss in a duffel and check as luggage. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter