Anyone ready for the new 007?

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
1437.jpg

Apparently the new 007 will be taking over the codename from James Bond, who will be retired. It's Lashana Lynch, who was recently in Captain Marvel.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig

I’m only slightly (very slightly) disappointed with this due to liking the idea of Idris Elba playing Bond. Maybe he can be a Bond boy too.
If you're thinking Black British (yeah I looked up that phrase) actors then I remember when Colin Salmon was Charles Robinson - M's Deputy Chief of Staff. There was talk about him taking over the role of James Bond. One of my coworkers was English, and he said that he thought he would make a great Bond. Probably too old for the role now.

Charles-Robinson-Three-Piece-Pinstripe-Suit.jpg

If you're thinking Black British (yeah I looked up that phrase) actors then I remember when Colin Salmon was Charles Robinson - M's Deputy Chief of Staff. There was talk about him taking over the role of James Bond. One of my coworkers was English, and he said that he thought he would make a great Bond. Probably too old for the role now.

Charles-Robinson-Three-Piece-Pinstripe-Suit.jpg

Nah, I just really like Idris Elba

I get thier going in a different direction, and good for them, change it up, but I never been a 007 guy, I like my heros to be flawed and get you with thier mind

Is the thought that she will be the 007 bad*** because i’m just not feelin’ it. Even if it comes with a ton of hot male sidekids. Hoping I read it wrong. All of the above suggestions sound delightful though.

I get thier going in a different direction, and good for them, change it up, but I never been a 007 guy, I like my heros to be flawed and get you with thier mind
007 has always been flawed. Also a deep thinker as well as a man of action.

Never saw Goldeneye?

Please, James. Spare me the Freud.
I might as well ask you if all the vodka martinis ever silence the screams of all the men you've killed.
Or if you find forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women for all the dead ones you failed to protect.

Never saw Goldeneye?

Please, James. Spare me the Freud.
I might as well ask you if all the vodka martinis ever silence the screams of all the men you've killed.
Or if you find forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women for all the dead ones you failed to protect.

no, not my thing, but I will take your word is the truth

I honestly just do not get it personally. Bond has always been 007, regardless of who played the role. So if the movies continue and James Bond continues to be a character, he no longer gets to be 007?? I have no problem with her being one of the 00 agents in the movie or having a huge role and trying to bring James out of retirement or whatever, but I want my 007 to be James Bond. Give her a different number and give her a movie or 2 for all I care. I grew up watching all these movies. I had the boxed sets as a kid and have continued to enjoy the franchise to this day.

My best friend’s husband is British and obsessed with Bond to the point that his man cave is Bond themed and he owns a limited edition Bond edition Aston Martin. She’s out of town right now but I can’t wait to hear what she thinks when she gets back. I bet her dh is very upset. He’s extremely traditional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!