• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~Anyone own a Pomapoo dog?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
We are thinking of getting one and I was just wondering if anyone on the dis has one and if so are they a good family dog?:goodvibes

Check a rescue group - the shelters are packed with "___poo" dogs and puppies. I, myself, have a min-russell, or a jack-pin, whichever way you want to look at it. I got her when she was 6 months old, crate trained, totally housebroken, and perfect for our family. :lovestruc

Check a rescue group - the shelters are packed with "___poo" dogs and puppies. I, myself, have a min-russell, or a jack-pin, whichever way you want to look at it. I got her when she was 6 months old, crate trained, totally housebroken, and perfect for our family. :lovestruc

That's what we've been doing!:goodvibes we found one we may get. Just was wondering if anyone had one and if they were good with kids. The one we found is 4 months old.

There is really no way to say for sure because a) it's not a breed and b) even within breeds there are personality differences that can make some good with kids and some not. You'll need to look at the dog breeds that this mix is made up of to see if those are generally good with kids, and you'll also need to do research about where the dog is coming from. Before you get any dog you should read as much as you can about dogs, puppies and dogs/puppies kids together as well as general principles about training and dog care, etc. Too many don't and wind up with problems they inadvertently helped create. I'll let someone else take it from there. Good luck.

I understand. We already have a 7 y.o. sheltie and many people say they are not good with kids and ours loves our kids!

There is really no way to say for sure because a) it's not a breed and b) even within breeds there are personality differences that can make some good with kids and some not. You'll need to look at the dog breeds that this mix is made up of to see if those are generally good with kids, and you'll also need to do research about where the dog is coming from. Before you get any dog you should read as much as you can about dogs, puppies and dogs/puppies kids together as well as general principles about training and dog care, etc. Too many don't and wind up with problems they inadvertently helped create. I'll let someone else take it from there. Good luck.

:thumbsup2 this. I have a pomeranian and pomeranians are not really supposed to be good dogs for kids. Well my pomeranian :love: kids but he was were well socialize since he was little. He also thinks he is a lab, he loves the water, playing fetch and hiking. Then again he was raised with a lab.

There is no easy answer, especially for a dog coming from a shelter. You don't know what background the dog has.

We have been tricked into caring for a pomapoo several times. The dog is actually pretty sweet, loving, playful, etc. Always glad to play fetch, chase, etc. His coat looks like it requires either frequent grooming at home or trips to the groomer. My neice loved him to pieces, and he seemed to return the feelings.

The dog was a yapper but I am inclined to say that's because it had been largely abused/ignored for most of its life.

We are thinking of getting one and I was just wondering if anyone on the dis has one and if so are they a good family dog?:goodvibes

Well, take out the fake word "pomapoo" and insert the word "mutt". Is a mutt a good family dog? I don't know. Is the water cold?

I have one, the friendliest dog I ever seen in my life, wouldn't hurt a fly and loves to cuddle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter