Anyone out there in the rain this evening?

jsilvers

DIS Veteran
It's really pouring around the MK. This doesn't seem to have been the usual Orlando summer afternoon shower ... it's stalled overhead for an hour+ and has been dumping what feels like tropical storm-volume rain.

I'm not there, but I did see all the rain on TWC and thought about the Disney guests. I hate when it rains when we are there. They said that it was raining more than usual this August. I hope it gets better for you guys. pixiedust:

We got 2-3 inches of rain so far. Glad I'm inside.

We got back to POP from Animal Kingdom about 3. We were headed back to Expedition Everest when we heard thunder and headed straight for the bus. Made it back just in time for the rain. We were walking around the world showcase last time we got stuck in the rain with no ponchos and were soaked to the bone.

We have been inside ever since. We wanted to head to Magic Kingdom for wishes and EMH tonight but doesn't look like we will make it. :sad:

We were at Epcot for a couple of hours. We walked in light rain from BWV to get counter service in Mexico. The sky opened up before England and never let up. After dinner we were walking in water over our ankles in places. So much for Illuminations. We couldn't take the wet feet anymore so now we are watching tv in bed in our room.

We got stuck in the rain leaving Epcot today. We walked to the YC when the skies opened up. It rained for hours. We are also in our room watching tv.

We were at Typhoon Lagoon! All attractions were closed around 3.30pm, then we had light rain, so we figured we'd get dressed and head out. Came out of the changing rooms to pouring rain and spent over an hour waiting it out in the gift shop.

We ended up getting back to our car and driving over to DTD to get some dinner. I was in shorts and a tshirt and I was COLD! It was just drizzling when we left about 8pm.

Looks much better now. If I wasn't tired and cold and didn't have to get up tomorrow I would head out to MK. But, I am tired and cold and do have up get up :-)

Yup, we got caught at Epcot. Didn't mind the on and off drizzling through the early afternoon, but man once it started around 6ish it got bad fast. Flooded walkways seems almost instantaneous. We called it quits around 7 and came home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter