Anyone order merchandise from WDW?

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
I want to order a stuffed Pumba doll as a gift ... I saw it while I was in WDW in May. Unfortunately, it was too big for my suitcase ... and I had a hard enough time closing my suitcase the way it was already :rolleyes:

Just wondering if anyone has experience with ordering from WDW ... what the shipping charges are like, what the duties are like (ugh!)...

I have a friend in Buffalo, NY that I could ship to but I won't be able to go and pick it up in time for Christmas...

About a year and a half ago, I ordered a scrapbook album from Disney World Mail Order. I had bought one on my trip but needed another one. Silly me, when I ordered it, I never thought to ask about shipping and handling charges :rolleyes:

My album was $25 US and I found out when DHL Worldwide showed up at my door that it was also $25 US for the shipping! It came to like $53US with the tax and everything. I was a little upset but it did only take 2 days from the time I called till I had my SB in my hands!

So, just make sure that you inquire about the shipping charges!

In 2000, after I got home, I discovered there was also a Millenium video available. I had bought the CD while in EPCOT. I really wanted to see the parade and fireworks again, so I phoned up Disney's Mail Order and ordered the $9.99usd video. With the shipping and exchange rate the video ended up costing me almost $30.00!:eek:

Shipping Charges....ARGH!!!
We were at WDW in February and DW saw a house coat at the Grand Floridian store that she just loved. I thought I would be smart and surprise her with it for her birthday in July. I couldn't think how I could pick it up then and keep it a surprise...so I figured I'd order it when I got home and pay the extra. It was only avaibable in the GF stores, so it took a little while for the order desk to find it, but they could get it to me. They did warn me that the shipping charges were $$$. The housecoat cost $125 U.S. and the shipping was going to be $100 U.S. :mad: :mad: :mad: Yes you read that right. I knew DW was in love with the coat and that she would be very surprised, so I bit the bullet and ordered it. I had it sent to my cousins house but fortunately/unfortunately, the shipper left my phone number on the outside of the box and the courier called my house to tell us it had arrived and that we weren't home. I scrambled to make up a story about the package being a surprise FOR my cousin. I called WDW and they apologized and took half the shipping charges off.
Anyway, the good news is DW was extremely surprised and was very happy. To me, it was all worth it, but be aware of the extra costs to get WDW merchandise to Canada.
Canadave

I like your scrapbook pages Timon! I'm still working away on mine :p

Shipping to Canada from the US is soooo expensive, I know that from past experience :rolleyes: I once got charged taxes and duties when my friend shipped some used computer parts to me ... I was so upset because the parts weren't even new.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a little (or a lot) more for shipping ... especially when they're charging so much for the smaller items. I wanted to buy the doll when we were there in May, but it needed its own suitcase ... *lol*

Thanks for the help everyone!

This is why I use Ebay for Disney Purchases. I buy Disney items from private sellers and the shipping is much less expensive. I was going to order a Disney DVD ($15.00 US) via the Disney Store online and they wanted $33.00 US for shipping! I can tell you right now the most it would have cost to ship from the USA to Canada via USPS is about $5-8 dollars depending on the service.
I think Disney uses UPS for their delivery so courier service is much more expensive than using global priority, etc...via USPS.

epcotfan, I usually buy things like pins on eBay and I've got some really great deals there. Although, the last time, I got hit with $20 in taxes because someone wrote the actual value of the pins on the package :( I'm not sure I want to buy a stuffed animal there ... most of them seem to be 'used' or not completely brand new.

Yeah I would be wary of Plush buying online. I'd only buy it from a seller that regularly shopped at Disney or use a personal shopper service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter