Anyone on Ozempic?

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
I started Ozempic yesterday. So far I haven’t had the nauseous, but is being tired one of the side effects and is there any way to handle it? I took a 3 hour “nap” today and even then just laid there in a semi-conscious state. Have to work tomorrow and not sure a 3 hour nap would be appreciated. Also, what have your experiences been with Ozempic?

I have not used Ozempic. But the Prescribing Information (https://www.novo-pi.com/ozempic.pdf) does list fatigue as one of the less common side effects (0.4%). It’s a once-a-week dose, right? So hopefully your body will adjust better tomorrow and through the week. However, if the tiredness seems excessive, I’d call your medical provider just to check in and report it. Good luck!

I didn't notice being tired but boy did it upset my stomach. It took me about 3 weeks before I decided I just couldn't take it anymore so I switched back to Bydureon.

I spoke too soon about the nausea. After this post I started to feel really sick to my stomach. I took my second dose yesterday and finished off an entire sleeve of crackers to help settle my stomach (which raised my blood levels). I take it on Saturdays so I do have the weekend to “recover”. When I meet the doctor after these 4 weeks on the low dose I might ask to stay on this dose a bit longer before increasing it. As shallow as it may sound I did lose 3.2 pounds which makes me happy. But also concerns me a bit if this keeps up. Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!