Anyone need Belfast help?

dypsy

Earning My Ears
Been following the DiS for a while while planning DLP trips but have never taken a cruise.
I do live very close to Belfast and was wondering if anyone had any questions about what to do on the upcoming British Isles cruise/stopping in Belfast?
Will try and help as much as I can.

I would love to do one of the British Isles cruises. I am a bit of a Titanic junkie and Belfast is home to the Harland & Wolff shipyard where the Titanic was constructed. It would be great to go to the museum there and have a look around. They also filmed the last season of Game of Thrones there as well.

The titanic museum is great and the cranes can be seen from a long way away.
Most people in NI know someone who has worked on the GOT series. Its been great for us.

We are on the British Isles cruise, and we are looking forward to it. How far from port is downtown Belfast? Is it walkable? If not, how abundant are taxis or transportation? Thanks, in advance, for the offer to provide information!

We are on the British Isles cruise, and we are looking forward to it. How far from port is downtown Belfast? Is it walkable? If not, how abundant are taxis or transportation? Thanks, in advance, for the offer to provide information!

Port is really close and walkable but depending on what you want to see take a taxi. My favourite think to do in Belfast is Crumlin Road Jail. I have been 3 times and really enjoy it each time.

https://www.crumlinroadgaol.com
Taxis are easy to get, a Black taxi can just pick you up on the street without booking. Otherwise use Uber or a local company
Fonacab -
www.fonacab.com 028 90 333 333

Belfast is a very small city we have 2 main shopping centres.
Go and have a proper Ulster Fry at somewhere like https://m.facebook.com/Topbotanic

If that link doesnt work its The Other Place on Botanic Road. Was our place of choice on a sunday morning for a fry when younger. Still take the children now when in Belfast.
And most important, remember an Ulster Fry doesn't come with beans!! Pancake, soda bread, potato bread, sausage, bacon, eggs, mushroom. Maybe a real tomato (not tinned) and MUST be eaten with HP brown sauce.(thats my opinion anyway)

The ship come right into Belfast Lough, you will be able to see land on both sides and the cranes and the Titanic museum.
I am currenly on holiday in the Middle East but will be home and hoping to go and see the ship when the children are in school.

Been following the DiS for a while while planning DLP trips but have never taken a cruise.
I do live very close to Belfast and was wondering if anyone had any questions about what to do on the upcoming British Isles cruise/stopping in Belfast?
Will try and help as much as I can.
How very nice of you to offer! We are hoping to do 2 walking tours before returning to the ship. We did the Titanic museum the last time in Belfast. A awesome experience. Museum is well done and informative with lots of artifacts. We've also done the Antrim coast and Giant's Causeway! Definitely an A+ site to visit. So much to do in and near Belfast. The Crumlin Jail How much time to invest to see this?

I would say around 2 hours for a visit, the tours run from 10am to 4.30pm unless there is a special tour i.e paranormal which runs muchs later. You cannot walk around it yourself, you have to book onto a tour. Toura last about 75 mins and its a quick taxi ride from the port away.

We are also booked on the British Isles cruise next month and really looking forward to Belfast! Do you think it's feasible to do both Crumlin Road & the Titanic Museum in one day? I was looking and I think Crumlin requires timed tickets, so it's trickier to book both. We are thinking of getting the Belfast HOHO & Titanic Museum combo ticket and booking the Jail separately. Maybe book Crumlin for first thing in the morning (take a taxi/Uber straight there from the port), then jump on the HOHO from there and do Titanic later in the day? What would you recommend?

Hi Belle032 Looking forward to the cruise and planning and reading some last minute reports. I wish DCL would publish the way to be transported to and from the Belfast port. Will DCL provide transportation? Are we on our own? I am more concerned about that port more than the others. How to get back to the ship Will they provide transportation and times etc. I want to book as much as I can at all ports Belfast is a great stop and you will enjoy your time there.

We are also booked on the British Isles cruise next month and really looking forward to Belfast! Do you think it's feasible to do both Crumlin Road & the Titanic Museum in one day? I was looking and I think Crumlin requires timed tickets, so it's trickier to book both. We are thinking of getting the Belfast HOHO & Titanic Museum combo ticket and booking the Jail separately. Maybe book Crumlin for first thing in the morning (take a taxi/Uber straight there from the port), then jump on the HOHO from there and do Titanic later in the day? What would you recommend?

I would think its easy to do them both in the day, depending on the port time you have. First Crumlin Road tour is 10am so depending on times you may be able to do some HOHO bus before 10am. There is a HOHO stop right outside the jail. Titanic museum can really be as long or short as you want, depending on how much reading etc you do as you go through it.
If no HOHO time before Crumlin Road then take a taxi from port, do it at 10am and then HOHO from outside Jail.
Belfast is a very small city and if staying in the city is easy to get back to the ship by taxi. Obviously 5pm-6.30pm approx will be busier as rush hour.

I would think its easy to do them both in the day, depending on the port time you have. First Crumlin Road tour is 10am so depending on times you may be able to do some HOHO bus before 10am. There is a HOHO stop right outside the jail. Titanic museum can really be as long or short as you want, depending on how much reading etc you do as you go through it.
If no HOHO time before Crumlin Road then take a taxi from port, do it at 10am and then HOHO from outside Jail.
Belfast is a very small city and if staying in the city is easy to get back to the ship by taxi. Obviously 5pm-6.30pm approx will be busier as rush hour.

Thank you so much for the help! I think we'll book Crumlin Road first thing and get the HOHO from there, do Titanic and then explore the city.

Hi Belle032 Looking forward to the cruise and planning and reading some last minute reports. I wish DCL would publish the way to be transported to and from the Belfast port. Will DCL provide transportation? Are we on our own? I am more concerned about that port more than the others. How to get back to the ship Will they provide transportation and times etc. I want to book as much as I can at all ports Belfast is a great stop and you will enjoy your time there.

I don't know! We are wondering the same thing about transportation in Dublin. I keep hearing mixed things. Some say DCL will provide transport to the city center, some day Dublin provides it, some say you find your own way. So no idea! Hopefully they announce something on the ship. Like @dypsy said, Belfast seems to be very walkable and compact, so if all else fails, we'll walk to the city center or just grab a cab/Uber/Lyft! I think for both cities, we will bank on finding out own way back to the ship at least.

Very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!