Anyone live in Idaho?

Soarin08

DIS Veteran
I'm moving to Rexburg, ID, in six weeks to start school at BYU Idaho and was wondering if there were any DISers in that area who could give me a heads-up as to what to expect. I've always lived in the South so this will be a major change for me! Thanks!:goodvibes

My older sister, who lived in the south (mostly Louisiana) for the last 15 years just moved back to that part of Idaho, where she lived when she was newly married. She is still re-adjusting to the cold and the gray.

She visited me last week here in sunny AZ and we were making a list of what she liked better about Idaho; I'll try to remember what we came up with:
1. Her hair behaves better because it is much less humid there.
2. Great fresh fruits and vegetables
3. The mountains around you
4. Great outdoor opportunities -- Snake River, Yellowstone, hiking, etc.
5. (For her) being closer to family

This may sound like a really lightweight list; she is still re-acclimating to the area. I personally believe when you go somewhere to attend school to soak up as much of that area as you can, because most likely you won't be there for more than a few years. There will be plenty of Idahoans there to help you find the fun things about the area.

PHXscuba

I live in Boise.....maybe on school holidays you can visit boise. It is a great city.

I think I am going to move this to DL community board, just because i know some idahoans hang out there. Your thread will also still show up here.

I'm moving to Rexburg, ID, in six weeks to start school at BYU Idaho and was wondering if there were any DISers in that area who could give me a heads-up as to what to expect. I've always lived in the South so this will be a major change for me! Thanks!:goodvibes

I live in Idaho Falls, not far from Rexburg. I think you'll love Rexburg. It's a pretty town. What kinds of things do you want to know? I'll help as much as I can.

I don't live there but my youngest sister is attending BYU-I right now. If you have any specific questions I can ask her. She loves it there. I don't remember where she lives but I know she works for a tanning salon.
Tricia

My whole family lives in Idaho, except me.....LOL Even DD22 moved there to be closer to my family. :) It's gorgeous there but it snows so I'll stay here....LOL

No one who can help it.....

OK, just kidding... lots of Dizzey fans in ID. You'll love it up there, clean air, clean water... great people.

go byu!!! :) p.s. love your signature. i go to idaho every year in the winter, and it is always freezing, and gray and raining or snowing. but it is so fun up there!

I'd say that the coldest you have had there will be like a typical winter day in Rexburg and they don't close school juar because it snows. In the summer their isn't humidity so while that's nice on your hair you need to iron close more.

Don't worry thier is WalMart and McDonald's.

go byu!!! :) p.s. love your signature. i go to idaho every year in the winter, and it is always freezing, and gray and raining or snowing. but it is so fun up there!

OMG my sister (who lives in ID) would LOVE your signature, she's a huge Beatles fan! She has a room in her house that's decorated with Beatles stuff, they used Beatles music when she and her DH got married, it goes on and on......:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter