Anyone know why disney cancelled the 3D blu ray fir frozen

I was looking forward to it. Why would they do that I am beginning to wonder about them lately

I am betting they are going to double dip. Release only as a 2D now, and a few months from now re-release as 3D. The money grabbing going on lately is starting to become dis-heartening.

I just pre-ordered the 3D version from the UK Amazon store. :) Cost is only $30 (including shipping plus the extra time required for shipping), so $ wise is no different than any other 3D release.

I am betting they are going to double dip. Release only as a 2D now, and a few months from now re-release as 3D. The money grabbing going on lately is starting to become dis-heartening.

I just pre-ordered the 3D version from the UK Amazon store. :) Cost is only $30 (including shipping plus the extra time required for shipping), so $ wise is no different than any other 3D release.

Not sure where you live, but if you're here in the US and you're ordering DVDs from overseas, make sure the region is right. Don't want to get stuck with a disc you can't play.

Very frustrating. Was looking forward to this release but I'm not double dipping. I will wait for the 3D release. Was planning on buying it and Saving Mr. Banks but now I will not not be buying either. I'll get Mr. Banks on Ebay or used somewhere.

Yes, it's very frustrating. I sent them an email letting them know how disappointed I was. I encourage everyone who feels the same to do so as well. contactus@disneystudiohelp.com

What they have done is make the 3D version available as a purchase from Vudu. Rumor has it they will release the 3D combo pack in October with extra scenes. I guess time will tell if this is true or not. I tend to believe it is true as it would be good timing for a fall/holiday shopping season double dip. So you can wait or import. I have not imported anything before, but have been told that Disney releases are usually region free.

We really want the 3D. We will buy the 2D now and gift it to somebody if they release the 3D.

I will not double dip and I think it's pretty shady to do it this way. I'll be waiting for the :3dglasses version and renting 2D DVD from Redbox for now. How do you like that Disney? :eek: You'll get exactly $1.28 from me and not a penny more until I see some Blu Ray 3D love. We never saw Frozen in the theater, I was skeptical after getting burned by the fiasco that was Planes, so I was really looking forward to Frozen 3D today. Guess I'll just have to wait.

The LOTR/Hobbit series has been doing this with their movies by putting out the theatrical version a few months after the showing and the waiting to put out a new set with additional footage before the holidays. We just wait until the 'holiday' version comes out. It's a pain though having to wait that long, but I refuse to buy the same thing twice.

Got the 3D version from the UK Amazon store Saturday. AWESOME!!! Works perfectly. Yes it is region free and plays flawlessly in all my players (so does the 2D disc). Plus, the theatrical short "Get a Cow" is also on the 3D disc. I forgot how good that was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter