Anyone know the story of this mystery stateroom on the Disney Magic?

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
When we were on the Disney Magic last week we walked the decks pin trading off stateroom doors and we happen to pass stateroom #8204. This is an inside stateroom without a Fish outside it’s door and is inset from the hallway. It also isn’t listed on any deck plans. We went down to guest services to inquire about this stateroom and they had no idea or information they could give us about it.

Last edited:
When we were on the Disney Magic last week we walked the decks pin trading off stateroom doors and we happen to pass stateroom #8204. This is an inside stateroom without a Fish outside it’s door and is inset from the hallway. It also isn’t listed on any deck plans. We went down to guest services to inquire about this stateroom and they had no idea or information they could give us about it.

View attachment 452234
Just a guess - special entertainers?

I am now curious to know what this room really is. :)

And how did it take this long for someone to even notice it?

Someone knock on the door and ask whoever opens it. Just an idea.

Just a guess - special entertainers?
I can validate that on the Wonder, one cruise one of the comedians was next to us at dinner and we had the chance to chat a number of nights. He did say he had an inside stateroom but did not share the number. That room fits the description.

I can validate that on the Wonder, one cruise one of the comedians was next to us at dinner and we had the chance to chat a number of nights. He did say he had an inside stateroom but did not share the number. That room fits the description.
Entertainers are placed in regular inside staterooms that have fish outside their doors. From the outside you could not tell it is reserved for entertainers. Known as have seen then the room.

A popular place for DCL to place the transient entertainment is on deck 5 forward, inside cabins.

Deck 8 on the Magic / Wonder is the "Really Expensive Stateroom Deck" so I assume that entertainers would NOT be placed on that deck.

Seeing as the bridge is accessed from deck 8, I would bet it is an officer cabin. There are probably even more.

Seeing as the bridge is accessed from deck 8, I would bet it is an officer cabin. There are probably even more.

You are probably right. If you look at deck plans there are no inside cabins on deck 8 and no other public amenities in the area where inside cabins would be. I assume this is some sort of crew area, probably for high level officers.

A popular place for DCL to place the transient entertainment is on deck 5 forward, inside cabins.

The husband/wife singing group on our cruise a couple weeks ago were in a cabin right past ours. We had an extended balcony cabin on deck 5 (4E) and we would see them outside our cabin going to their aft cabin on deck 5 :)

Hi,
This could be for guest entertainers, captain or even for a pilot. But its definitely reserved for crew/staff. Funny that they could not say anything at the front desk, don't they realize this makes it more of a mystery that MUST be solved. And you would not stop until you know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter