Anyone just back? Please help??

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
We are leaving mar. 4th for 11 nights, and I am having problems deciding what to pack! I have looked at the 10 day forecast, but we haven't felt temps in the 70's for a while! I am stumped, I know it will be cooler in the evenings also, but I don't want to pack too much stuff! We will be at Beach Club Villas the last half, but I don't want to do a ton of laundry either! Any advise??? I feel like I need to get started!!!

Hi Jacksmom:wave:

We were there in Dec. and no matter what anyone says, pack an EXTRA SWEATER!

My sister laughed at me when I packed a sweater and she asked me if I was going to Alaska or Florida? So, I didn't pack it...and of course, I regreted it...we ended up buying sweat shirts!

I'm really not sure about March weather, but I know it gets pretty chilly at night especially if it rains!

Hope it was helpful...have a GREAT trip!!!:p

We got back yesterday. While we were there temperatures ranged from the 40's to the 80's. My advice would be to prepare for those extremes, but keep in mind that layers that can be added or subtracted will get you through a day that has that kind of high and low. While I was there, I bought a hooded sweatshirt (I had planned to get one anyway, since my husband was sick of my stealing his), and that was good for most weather we had. It's also good for the more air-conditioned areas. (Maybe it's just us, but when we walk into our hotel room, no matter where, no matter when, no matter the temperature outside, the first thing we do is turn off the air conditioning).

Have a good trip.

Ciao,
Mort.

Mortlives Thanks for your reply! Just a couple more questions, please. Did you need gloves at night?? Did you swim?? I am assuming shorts during the day and jeans at night?? Is this correct? Thanks

Jacksmom,

We have been going the first week to second week in March for the past 4 years. We will also be at the Beach Club! The weather has always been very warm during the day. It is usually a little chilly in the morning, but you definately need shorts for the afternoon. I always change into jeans and a sweatshirt or jacket for the evening. Hope this helps. I have been checking the weather on weather.com. and it looks like highs are in the 70's with lows in the high 50's for the evening.

We got back a week ago today and stayed 7 days. I would say that I am slightly hot natured and I never wore shorts and was perfectly fine. I wore jeans and a short sleeved shirt every day. I wore a jacket early morning and in the evening. I did use my gloves and head wrap on the very first evening there because the low got into the 40's with a medium breeze. Plus we were at Epcot walking around the water's edge, which made the breeze seem even cooler at times. All other evenings, just my jacket added was perfectly fine. I did bring a fleece blanket for my 4 year old which she asked for from time to time in the late evening.

I packed sweaters and jeans but never wore them. Mainly the best thing is shorts,t-shirts and a wind suit for some nights. Don't froget the sunscreen. My husband and I both got major sunburns on a day that was only high of 68F.

I would think 1 or 2 pair of long pants and a sweatshirt or two would be plenty for the cooler evenings.

I also don't like to do laundry on trips and just make sure everyone has enough socks, underwear and t-shirts for the trip. Sweatshirts and pants/shorts can be worn more than once.

If its warm enough for swimming, you'll have days when you spend 1/2 of it in a swimsuit too.

After many trips, our family is just now starting to get near to taking the right amount of clothes ... which is a medium size duffle bag each ... with maybe one extra bag with the sweatshirts/jackets for the entire group.

remember the 70's always feel much warmer in the spring than the fall. when my SIL went for Christmas they wore shorts and put on sweatshirts in the evening, so I cant imagine that you'd need more than that.

Also, we stayed at OKW with a washer and dryer. we packed enough clothes for each day and i still wound up doing laundry.

Packing tip for a long stay: zip-lock freezer bags! our family of 4 went for 10 days in just 2 suitcases! I packed a from the skin out days worth of clothes for each of us in each bag, so it was very easy for the kids to dress each day and easy for me to spot clean from dirty.

I echo posters who say to pack lightly... I went with two hoodies and two pairs of long pants, and the rest was summer clothing. Just got back less than a week ago :( Anyway I was ridiculously hot pretty much every day in the parks, and even the evenings felt hot to me. I only wore my long pants to dinner when we went out and I didn't want to look like a slob!

Oh and I should add that I fit my entire 9 day trip worth of clothing etc into one duffel bag slightly bigger than a carry-on size suitcase. Rolling clothes + Ziplocs!

Hi jacksmom! I'm also a Jack's mom!! We just got back on Feb. 26th, and we had beautiful weather!!! It was shorts weather everyday, it was mid to upper 70's everyday, if not 80 one or 2 of those days. At night, it did get cooler, and I wore capris at night with either a long sleeve shirt or a light jacket or sweater, but no gloves or heavy coats! My kids wore the same, DD wore lots of capris at night with a sweatshirt, DS actually wore shorts and a sweatshirt at night a lot. Hope you have a great time and wonderful weather!!:D

P.S.- When I packed, I used those big ziplocs, and I packed all of my DD's pants in one bag, all her shorts in another, etc. and I did this for all family members stuff, and it worked out great. Since all shorts would be in one bag, all pants in another, it was easy to pull out what we needed for weather, etc.

We'll be there the same time but I've been looking at www.weather.com and the 10 day forecast doesn't look too bad. It is saying 40% or 50% rain at the most. The temps look good though. Let's cross our fingers that this report is the correct one! heehee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter