• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone just back from a weekday vist to US and IOA?

PrincessTori

Mouseketeer
Just curious with the hours cut back if you were able to do everything that you wanted. Reason for asking is that we are going in Nov, the week after Thanksgiving, and I just saw the post where hours were cut back further (9-5). (5 adults and one 1/1/2 year old who wouldn't be riding much anyways.) I just want to make sure that I buy the right tickets. I was orginially planning to buy 2 day tickets (1 weekday in each park), but want to make sure that we should be able to ride most or all of the rides in both parks. If not, maybe we should consider getting a 3 day pass and using the 3rd day to ride what we missed. I was hoping for a extra hour with early entry days, but I just read that they are to be suspended temporarily as well. This is our first trip, and a surprise trip for my husband, who doesn't know yet, and I don't want to short change us.

Thanks for the info!
Princesstori

We went 10/1 and 10/2 Stayed at HRH so we had FOTL - we didn't always use it because most lines were pretty short anyway. We felt like we got everything we really wanted to do in -but could have used an extra day to take it a little more slowly and to go back and re-ride some of our favorites.

Based on the crowds i just encountered 10/6 you better do the 3 day.

However the weekdays are still weak in the attendence realm so you should be able to very comfortably get thru both parks in two days:bounce:

We just got back from a 3 days trip to US/IOA. We were there this past Thurs-Sat. The crowds were light on Thurs & Fri, but the place was packed on Sat. We were there for 3 days because we got out tickets from AAA. They had a deal where if you buy a 2 days pass, you get the 3rd day free. Due to to short lines, we really didn't need to use the 3rd day. But since we had that option, we just shortened our touring days. We could have easily done both parks in 2 days and this is with both of us taking turns. My twins are under 40", so they couldn't ride a majority of the rides. We stayed at the HRH and we only used the Express line twice - for Back to the Future and Dudley Do Right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter