Anyone here used USA Instacart or other grocery delivery?

I have used garden grocerer a few times. They are a bit more expensive than other places I have priced. I have always ordered more than 60 days in advance to get a bit of a discount (10%, I think). Immediately after I submitted the order, I got a call from their customer service, just in case there were any questions. I ordered to on site Disney hotels, and would receive a text when my delivery had arrived at the hotel. I would call bell services to deliver it to my room. I never had an order that was wrong, I’ve ordered 3 times.

The last time, I stayed onsite at universal, and had Tony Hinds drive the three of us. I paid 100$ for a grocery stop at Publix and to go to my universal hotel. He also drove us to our Disney hotel and offered to do another grocery stop too (included in 100$). I paid in cash on the first leg of the trip.

For my upcoming trip in August, we ordered from Orlando grocery express (just yesterday) It seems to work the same way as garden grocerer but I did not receive a call from any customer service representative. They have a 14$ delivery fee, waived if you spend more than 200 same as garden grocerer.

Definitely used Instacart a couple times, quick and easy. Love that they can stop at grocery and liquor stores, and found much cheaper than Garden Grocer

We arrive in less then 2 weeks and are using DizzyDolphin. First time having delivery. They are DVC members and will deliver Booze...yum:drinking1. Plus we land at midnight and bell services will have them in the fridge for us ready to go.

We used Dizzy Dolphin as well last trip. No issues. They even gave a nice gift bag with a thank you note and treats.
They will also send you your order ahead of time and you can add or cut stuff out before they go.

We used Dizzy Dolphin as well last trip. No issues. They even gave a nice gift bag with a thank you note and treats.
They will also send you your order ahead of time and you can add or cut stuff out before they go.
I am using them for the first time, so sounds great. But correct me if I am wrong. You can change, add, cut out, but once paid thats locked and then you have to do a new order.

I went out on a limb and used a small biz called fairytale personal shopping . I sent them a list they sent me the bill paid through PayPal for $20.
Everything was correct bagged nicely well tagged with my name . Was there waiting for me when we arrived.
They will also let you order from amazon or wherever and use their USA shipping addy for same price..and deliver to your resort with no additional fee.
I was a little nervous but won’t hesitate to recommend or use again

I went out on a limb and used a small biz called fairytale personal shopping . I sent them a list they sent me the bill paid through PayPal for $20.
Everything was correct bagged nicely well tagged with my name . Was there waiting for me when we arrived.
They will also let you order from amazon or wherever and use their USA shipping addy for same price..and deliver to your resort with no additional fee.
I was a little nervous but won’t hesitate to recommend or use again

I'm considering them or Instacart for our trip next month! We've used Garden Grocer twice (2013 & 2015) and used Dizzy Dolphin in 2017. Nothing wrong with either of them, but withe the current conversion any cost savings help!

We like the products better at Publix.

We did Instacart Express on Saturday, had an order in for Sunday and received a notification for free Express and took it. 14 items, arrived in 45 minutes after ordering to Bay Lake Tower. I think they had shoppers waiting to do orders so the order was started within minutes.
Last year we used Instacart for a huge order and it was very inconvenient, lots of messages back and forth and order was late but understandable given the situation. This year we did a large shop at Publix ourselves, saw lots of instacart shoppers. The instacart express was a late week addon shop.

We will definitely use them again.

For those that have used Instacart, can you tell me about the process? As a Canadian do you create an American account using your resort address? Do they accept your Canadian credit card on the site? Do you order before your trip or once you arrive? So lost on how it all works but would love to have some groceries delivered to Pop in the fall. Thanks in advance! :)

For those that have used Instacart, can you tell me about the process? As a Canadian do you create an American account using your resort address? Do they accept your Canadian credit card on the site? Do you order before your trip or once you arrive? So lost on how it all works but would love to have some groceries delivered to Pop in the fall. Thanks in advance! :)

I created an account using the resort address. Garden Grocer allows you to order months in advance (you get a discount too the earlier you order). Instacart only allows you to order a few days in advance. In the comments or instructions section, I indicated my name, that I was a guest at the resort, arrival date and reservation #, and asked them to leave with Bell Services. I used my credit card with the zip code hack (use the 3 numbers in you postal code followed by two zeroes).

EDIT: Sorry, I should be more clear. For billing, I recall using my home address and using the zip code hack instead of my postal code, as I recall someone posting that it would not work using their postal code. The delivery address of course would be the resort you are staying at. I don't actually recall what address I used for my account (assuming it needs one). When I go into my account now, I don't see an account address, but there is a delivery address, and there is the provision for you to add more delivery addresses.

Last edited:
So back from using Dizzy. Everything went well. But they bought is light beer when we asked for reg. Did not call let it slide. And asked for sausage they gave us ground sausage not links. So be specific. Also after seeing that it looks like they used wallmart pricing might be on the highside. Next time will try fairytales and my understanding is she will pickup booze just email her id before hand

Used IC when we were staying in Miami for a week pre cruise in January. They will substitute without telling or asking you. I ordered a case of vanilla coke and they showed up with regular because they were out of it. Delivery was a gong show. We wanted it delivered to the hotel so when we got off the plane our groceries would be there. Eventually it showed up. If you order alcohol make sure you have someone there over 21 to sign for it or they won't release it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter