Anyone here earn a SW CP with CC sign up bonus?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
I got the SW Plus and Premier cards in June and just met the minimum spend to earn the 120,000 RR points as well as a CP. How soon will I get both the RR points and the CP? I'm guessing I may have to wait until the end of the billing cycle which I may have JUST missed.Is there a way to see exactly what day my statement closes ? I have a flight to California booked in September that I want to use that CP for.

I can't answer for these cards specifically because I'm still working on our min. spend, but I have found Chase to be quite prompt in awarding their bonuses.
At least that was our experience with their 50,000 pt bonus for their Sapphire Preferred card last summer. This card replaced our old SW card which I had for years and cancelled in the spring. Whatever date my billing cycle closed, the regular monthly points were always there in my RR account within 2 business days.
You could secure message to Chase and ask how long it takes for the bonus to post.

Also I would ask SW if you already booked a flight before getting the CP, can you simply add a companion to that reservation? Or does it have to be booked with the CP established.

I did read here on the cc reward thread that you can add a companion to a previously booked flight. Thanks for your help.

We did! Signed DH up for both in early June (maybe second or third week of June) and received the points and CP this week. It really just depends on when the statement closes.

I just received my cards at the beginning of the month, but a statement has already been generated online with an opening/closing date. These dates can be found in the upper left column of your statement under Account Summary.

Also, from what I've read online, if your RR# is attached and you've reached min spending *prior* to your closing date, say July 15, the points/CP are supposed to appear in your RR account in July.

You will get it when your statement closes. You can retroactively change your sept flight to CP for whomever your companion is. If you paid points you will cancel him/her and get them back. If you paid cash you will get a credit I assume, but I never pay cash so don't know for sure. Guess the credit would be useless since they will fly free for over a year, so just keep them booked cashs o you at least earn points on it.

Credit may not be useless; my DH and I do not always travel together. I'm not sure the OP actually has booked the second flight yet, before I got my CP I booked a flight for myself in anticipation of getting his free.

Credit may not be useless; my DH and I do not always travel together. I'm not sure the OP actually has booked the second flight yet, before I got my CP I booked a flight for myself in anticipation of getting his free.

Good point! My cp is for my son so he is always with me.

This is what I've done. Paid cash for a ticket for myself anticipating earning the CP for her.

Our Points have been posting 2 days after the statement closes. Our statement closed 3 days after the due date on the Chase site.
Bill due date 9th, statement closed 12th, points in account 14th
This was consistent for 4 cards owned by my mother and myself.

All of our points, bonus and from spending, have posted together the day the statement closed (late, maybe midnight?). Our companion pass came up as earned on my account the next day, and I received a congratulations email a day later.

I got the business card and hit that spend first, so while I was doing the spend on my plus card I used the 60k business card points to book our September flights. When I got the companion pass on Tuesday, I cancelled my fiance and added him as the companion.

All of our points, bonus and from spending, have posted together the day the statement closed (late, maybe midnight?). Our companion pass came up as earned on my account the next day, and I received a congratulations email a day later.

I got the business card and hit that spend first, so while I was doing the spend on my plus card I used the 60k business card points to book our September flights. When I got the companion pass on Tuesday, I cancelled my fiance and added him as the companion.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter