Anyone hear anything about SARS effecting Disney Cruise?

MARGARETMOUSE

Mouseketeer
At Easter dinner last night, my BIL said that he heard that SARS has shown up on some cruises. Anyone hear anything like that?

No, and I have not heard of it affecting ANY cruise lines, either. I do know some cruise lines have altered their itineraries to avoid certain areas where outbreaks have occured, but there have been NO cases on U.S. cruise lines that I'm aware of.

We just returned from the Wonder last week. To my knowledge, there have been no SARS cases on Disney cruises.

I was very impressed with the questioning done while checking in at Port Canaveral. They asked if anyone in your party had flu like symptoms or had visited Asia in the past 10 days. I asked the castmember if anyone had replied "yes" to those questions. He said that some had and had been sent to be seen by a doctor before boarding. They had actually denied boarding to some people.

There were also signs all over the ship reminding you to wash your hands. They really seemed on top of it (I think the Norwalk virus episode prepared them quite well).

On Cruises Critic there is information that there was a case on Star Cruises' SuperStar Virgo that has apparently been kept within the crew.
There is a thread a bit down the page re SARS and the fact that Crystal Cruise Lines was stopping people from the "Toronto area" from boarding there ships at least in to May.....
I watched it on the Toronto TV as well and it was saying other cruise lines haven't followed suit as of yet but were looking at all possibilities.

tlens posted the following article URL in his/her post...
http://www.canada.com/toronto/story.asp?id=6DC5F5FC-6C12-4F18-B63E-856F6EC2D633

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter