Anyone having issues lately with reassigning tickets?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I've always been able to reassign tickets among my Family & Friends without issue. Yesterday, though, I was moving around an AP voucher (bought as a hedge against inflation, but not ready to activate yet), and the AP voucher got "stuck." I was able to reassign it once, but now I can't reassign it back - or to anyone else. Another friend of mine recently had a similar issue, and I'm wondering if others have had problems? I know I can call Disney to get it moved - just trying to figure out if it's a coincidence that my friend and I both had this issue, or if others are seeing it too. (I've been able to reassign other tickets recently without issue, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with EVERY reassignment.)

Glitches.
The site is famous for ‘em!

Either wait it out or call.

We recently changed who was going to use the Military Salute tix my nephew got so I moved an existing regular ticket from my daughter to another nephew and I noticed that it seemed to be a permanent move based on links and wording.

I've always been able to reassign tickets among my Family & Friends without issue. Yesterday, though, I was moving around an AP voucher (bought as a hedge against inflation, but not ready to activate yet), and the AP voucher got "stuck." I was able to reassign it once, but now I can't reassign it back - or to anyone else. Another friend of mine recently had a similar issue, and I'm wondering if others have had problems? I know I can call Disney to get it moved - just trying to figure out if it's a coincidence that my friend and I both had this issue, or if others are seeing it too. (I've been able to reassign other tickets recently without issue, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with EVERY reassignment.)

When I reassigned tickets to my kids, I couldn’t reassign them back to me. I called the IT department and they told me they had to reassign the tickets back to me or to whomever they wanted the tickets to go to.

We recently changed who was going to use the Military Salute tix my nephew got so I moved an existing regular ticket from my daughter to another nephew and I noticed that it seemed to be a permanent move based on links and wording.

Just went back in to check... have option to reassign that ticket.

I think you can only reassign the ticket once and can't reassign it if any FPs are booked on the account and it would leave that account without a valid ticket for those dates(s).

I can reassign easily...if my friends/family don’t have their own MDE accounts. Otherwise, once transferred, the reassign button disappears, and they have to log into their account and reassign the ticket back to me.

Sometimes. It comes and goes.
If it can't get done now. Wait 5 min. It will fix itself and I can move it then. Or tomorrow.
I never bother to call. I know they'll end up breaking something

I have a ticket that was part of a package purchased before the October 2018 ticket increase. It is not reassignable (trip was in Dec 2018) and I've been told by GS that it cannot be reassigned. I find this odd, but have had more than one CM (both on the phone and at GS) tell me the same thing.

Still glitchy this whole week: online - no option; on app -- populates but once you pick the person and process -- errors out. Doesn't matter if you 'own' the profiles to reassign or the receiving person has their own account. Aargh. Very frustrating Mouse IT.

When I reassigned tickets to my kids, I couldn’t reassign them back to me. I called the IT department and they told me they had to reassign the tickets back to me or to whomever they wanted the tickets to go to.

That makes sense, once you reassign it to someone else, they now have control of it.

Ugh. This is going to be an issue for me. I assigned a ticket I'd purchased for my husband to my daughter when he didn't want to go. Now she doesn't want to go and he changed his mind and does so I was going to reassign it back to him.
This kind of stuff happens to me quite often.
I'm about ready to start waiting to buy tickets for my husband until a day or two before I make Fast Passes.

At least I'll know I have to call if it won't work. Come to think of it I may end up with another issue since he just created his own my disney experience account when everything has always been on mine.

That makes sense, once you reassign it to someone else, they now have control of it.

Only those with a MDX account.

Still glitchy this whole week: online - no option; on app -- populates but once you pick the person and process -- errors out. Doesn't matter if you 'own' the profiles to reassign or the receiving person has their own account. Aargh. Very frustrating Mouse IT.

All 8 of my ticket transfers errored in the app. However, when I refreshed, the tickets actually transferred successfully.

No joy either way. Errors and refresh still there in the app. The error says internet connection problem. Doesn't matter which phone or ipad or android 😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter