Anyone have thoughts on the best character breakfast?

Disney Princess 6

<font color=purple>I'm Eeyore's human counterpart
We want to go to one, but I don't know what sort is best. I was thinking maybe of going to one that is not in the parks, so that we are not so rushed - maybe the one at Beach Club or the Contemporary. My kids love Belle, but there's no guarantee she'd be at the princess breakfast. I was thinking of Chef Mickey's? I'm also trying to avoid the characters my young kids are not familar with (Alice, Esmerelda, Mary P., etc.). Thank you.

We like the idea of doing a character breakfast inside the park about an hour before the park opens. That puts you getting finished just as the park opens. You are then inside the park and ready to go. With very small kids, I might would choose the Crystal Palace in the MK to get the pooh Characters. Our favorite is Donald's in AK. They have the fab 4 there. Cheif Mickey is another great choice if you don't want to go into the park.

Jordan's mom

Hi -- we just returned from WDW and did the character breakfast at the Hollywood and Vine restaurant in MGM. We did it on the morning that MGM opened early and it worked out great. It was buffet style, the food was fine, so you could spend as much/little time as you like. I would highly recommend it. Have fun.

Hey Skier. What characters are at the breakfast that you attended at MGM? I sure wish I could find a comprehensive listing of all available character meals - you know? Something that tells what characters appear, where they are, and if the meal is buffet or sit-down. It would sure be helpful.

The characters that appeared were Chip & Dale, Goofy, Minnie and Pluto....We sheduled the breakfast from the hotel (we stayed at the beach club) the nite before, as our sons particularly wanted to see Chip and Dale. The guest relations person was able to tell us which characters were appearing at which location. If you don't want to wait until you arrive, I believe you can call 407-wdw-dine (please check the area code first) in advance to book your breakfast....I would think they should tell how the meal is served. I would also suggest picking up the book Disney with Kids for 2003, which gives great tips. Hope this helps.

I am not positive that it is up to date- but hope it helps.

(BTW- Chef Mickey's is our all time favorite Character DINNER. I'd also vote for Donald's as favorite Breakfast.)

Magic Kingdom

Crystal Palace - This restaurant serves three meals per day with Pooh, Tigger , Eeyore and Piglet. Meals are served buffet-style with a separate buffet for kids called "Pooh Corner". Breakfast items include eggs, pancakes, breakfast meats, breads, fruit and more. Lunch offers a variety of hot and cold entrees and sides along with a dessert bar. At dinner carved meats and peel-and-eat shrimp are added. Breakfast A-$15.99/C-$8.99; Lunch A-$16.99/C-$9.29; Dinner A-$20.99/C-$9.99 (children ages 3-11) Priority seating is recommended

Cinderella's Royal Table - (Formally King Stefan's) Located on the second floor of Cinderella Castle this restaurant serves the Once Upon A Breakfast character breakfast every morning. Characters vary but almost always include Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother and may include Peter Pan, Belle, Jasmine and Snow White. This meal is pre-plated and includes eggs, potatoes, meats, French toast, fresh fruit and breads. Breakfast $19.99-A/$9.99-C. Priority seating is a must. This is the hardest Character Meal to get a Priority Seating time for!

Liberty Tree Tavern - This Liberty Square restaurant features a family-style dinner with several characters (Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Goofy) usually dressed in Revolutionary War era clothes. Dinner includes ham, turkey, flank steak, vegetables, salads and more. Children also receive a serving of macaroni and cheese. Dinner $20.99 A/$9.99 C. Priority seating is recommended. While the Tavern also serves Lunch, you will not find characters at that time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epcot
The Garden Grille - Located in the Land Pavilion in the Future World section of Epcot this restaurant features lunch and dinner with Mickey, Chip and Dale , all attired "farmer-style". Meals are served family style. Lunch and dinner offer rotisserie chicken, fish, steak, potatoes, vegetables, salad and dessert. Kids food available too. Lunch $19.99-A/$9.99-C; Dinner $21.99-A/$9.99-C. Priority seating is recommended.

The Garden Grill also hosts an Ice Cream Social afternoons 3:00pm, 3:10, and 3:20pm. The cost is $6.99 plus tax and gratuity per person (same charge for children or adults). Mickey comes around and joins in the fun! This is a great way to see Mickey and usually is not crowded.

Princess Storybook Breakfast - The family style character breakfast is served at Restaurant Akershus in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot and features Disney Princesses and Friends. Hours are: 8:30am to 10:30am Prices $19.99 for adults and $9.99 for children (ages 3-11).

"Princesses" who may appear include: Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), and Mary Poppins. Finally, look for other Disney heroines, such as Mulan, Esmeralda and Pocahontas, to occasionally appear. Cinderella will not be among the characters appearing at the Princess Storybook Breakfast -- she will appear exclusively at the Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast held each morning in the Castle in the Magic Kingdom. Don't look for Ariel either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disney-MGM Studios
Hollywood and Vine Character Experience - Breakfast and Lunch Character Buffets. Minnie, Chip and Dale, Goofy, Pluto Breakfast $16.99-A and $8.99-C. Lunch $17.99-A; $9.99-C

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Donald's Breakfastsaurus - The Animal Kingdom features a character breakfast and it's called Donald's Breakfastsaurus located at the Restaurantosaurus in Dinoland! Characters include Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Pluto. All you can eat buffet from 9am - 10:30am; cost is $16.99-A and $8.99-C.

RESORTS
Cape May Cafe - Beach Club - A Beach Blast breakfast is served here every morning. Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale are on hand and the meal is served buffet-style. Offerings include eggs, pancakes, meats, breads, fresh fruit and more. A great buffet! Breakfast $16.99-A/$8.99-C.
Chef Mickey's - Contemporary Resort - Relocated during 1996 to the Contemporary , Chef Mickey's now serves breakfast and dinner with Chef Mickey, Chip, Dale and Chef Goofy . The breakfast buffet offers the usual items - eggs, breads, meats, fresh fruit, etc. At dinner there is a salad bar, peel and eat shrimp, soups, hot entrees, breads, carved meats, vegetables, desserts and an ice cream bar with a great variety of toppings. All characters visit guests tables except Goofy who seems to holds court in the waiting area. Breakfast $16.99-A and $8.99-C. Dinner $23.99-A/$10.99-C. Priority seating is recommended.

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian - Breakfast with a variety of characters that seem to change quite a bit lately. Currently there is Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Eeyore. Breakfast items include omelet bar, pancakes, fruit, breads, meats, etc. Cost is $16.99-A and $9.99-C.

Ohana Character Breakfast - every morning in the Polynesian. Characters include Mickey, Chip and Dale. The meal is served family-style and features eggs, waffles, meats, breads, fruit and more. Breakfast $16.99-A/$8.99-C. Priority Seating is recommended.

Coral Cafe Character Breakfast Sunday Only - Dolphin Buffet or a la carte; Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. $16.95-A/$10.95-C

Garden Grove Cafe Breakfast on Saturday! - in the Swan Hotel; features Goofy and Pluto. Usually not crowded and a good choice for a last minute decision to dine with the characters. Both a la carte and buffet are available. $16.95-A; $8.50-C.

Gulliver's Grill Dinner in the Swan Hotel opens at 6:00 pm nightly and has the following character entertainment: Monday and Friday - Timon and Rafiki; All other nights Goofy and Pluto.

I'm curious as to why Ariel isn't at any of these meals? Does anyone know??

Again, thank you so much!

We went to Disney World December 12-18. We ate at at these 2 and here is who we saw:

Cinderella's Royal table- Cinderella, Belle, Fairy Godmother, Snow White, Aurora, and Mary Poppins.

Princess Storybook Breakfast- Cinderella (even though everthing says she isn't there), Belle, Snow White, Mulan, and Mary Poppins.

Donalds Animal Kingdom Breakfast is our favorite one. It is a buffet style breakfast and the food is SO GOOD! The fab 5 are at that one.

My altime favorite character meal is not a breakfast. The Grand Floridian has a prime rib buffet character meal. The food there is out of this world! The characters there when we went last (2 years ago) were- Mary Poppins, Pluto, Goofy, Belle, the Beast, and the Genie.

Ariel probably isn't at any of the meals because kids know that she is in her cave with her tail. That would be my guess at least.

We have been to the Cinderella castle breakfast many times and Belle is ALWAYS there. Those reservations are hard to come by though.

We went there for dinner last January. Not only was the food good, but our table was next to the window with a beautiful view of Cinderella's castle! The sun set, and the lights on the castle changed constantly.

We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale. We did it on the day we arrived, not on a park day. So we didn't feel like we were missing out on the rides while we were there. It was nice.

Originally posted by Disney Princess 6
I'm curious as to why Ariel isn't at any of these meals? Does anyone know??

Again, thank you so much!

Because Ariel lives under the sea, silly! They'd have to have a whole tank for her!

Hmmm... Sorry, don't know why there was a double post...

So, I'll use this opportunity to say...

15 days and counting...!

I find it really depends on who your server (waitress/waiter) is on how good an experience you have. This time we returned to our favorites, but only had a great time at the ones where our server was great.

At the Crystal Palace, our server was great and we had a great time. (Don't remember his name, sorry.)

At Chef Mickey's, we were first seated with this woman who was terrible. It turned out my BF needed to switch tables because of the light, and when we did, we had a different server who was very, very good (her name is Hope, if you want to recommend her.) The only mistake she made was that she brought out my boyfriend's lit happy birthday cupcake while the rest of us were on line at the buffet and he was sitting alone. Big mistake, but she was so good-natured and accomodating, she made up for it. (When told that we missed Mickey, she arranged to have Mickey come back to our table when we were all there and she took a picture of us with our camera.)

When we went to the Grand Floridian, 1900 Park Fare, our server was horrible (I forget her name.), and although the characters were terrific, the server's attitude put a damper on the whole feeling.

At Hollywood and Vine, our server was mediocre, and likewise, the experience was so-so.

Back at home, when the three of us discussed our favorite meal, the one we remember most fondly was Crystal Palace.

My opinion is that is you get a vibe that your server isn't a people pleaser right away, ask for a table in a different location of the room, and maybe you'll do all right.

We did the character breakfast at Old Key West (Pooh and Pals), but I thought Crystal Palace was much better. I usually PS Crystal Palace on a day the MK doesn't open early because you can get into the park early and no one is there. I have a picture of myself and my DS on main street with no one else in the picture except Cinderella's castle in the background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter