Anyone have information about Anthem of the seas !

I have sailed on Anthem 3 times with a 4th booked for January. What would you like to know?
Denise

I am curious about restaurants activities cleanliness changing a time for shows , activities etc

I am curious about restaurants activities cleanliness changing a time for shows , activities etc
The ship seemed very clean to me. There are 4 main complimentary restaurants based on whether you have regular dining or My Time Dining. There is also Solarium Bistro which is complimentary. The specialty restaurants are good but pricey. I was fine with the regular restaurants. I changed times for shows online while on the ship but you can do it in person also.
Denise

The ship seemed very clean to me. There are 4 main complimentary restaurants based on whether you have regular dining or My Time Dining. There is also Solarium Bistro which is complimentary. The specialty restaurants are good but pricey. I was fine with the regular restaurants. I changed times for shows online while on the ship but you can do it in person also.
Denise
Thank you

Restaurants? There are several included and several paid. Cleanliness? As clean as any ship I've ever been on. BTW, I've never been on a dirty ship in 28 cruises across 4 lines. Activities-there are a variety. Everything from trivia, art auctions, pool games, music to a variety of shows, flow rider, i-fly, northstar. Too much to list. Changing times for shows and activities is easy. There are i-pads where you can make changes to any reservation. Interactive tv shows menus, account info, reservations. If you have any specific questions, that would be a lot easier to answer.

I agree, it would be a lot easier to answer your questions if you had something specific you wanted to know. What research did you do already, and what from what you read did you want more information on?

It's a huge ship. We sailed on her last August to Bermuda.Was very clean in my opinion, well maintained. Staff was great. The food in the MDR was superior to that of our Disney cruises. Of course that is just our opinion, but we are known as being hard to please. We preferred having a nice table for 2 rather than rotational dining with obnoxious strangers. 2 of the 3 shows (Spectra and the Gift) while well done were just dumb. We Will Rock You was excellent. We just sailed on Adventure Of The Seas (Maine & Canada) earlier this month. The wife liked it better as she was more comfortable with the smaller size, being comparable to the Disney ships. We have already booked Adventure for next year. I'm sure we will give Anthem another try though.

Last edited:
The bathrooms and public spaces were clean except for one major thing. Dishes and empty glasses were not cleaned up regularly. On one occasion, I saw a huge pile of room service dishes outside a room all afternoon, overnight and they were still present the next morning. There were always empty glasses and bottles at chairs by the pool.

We didn’t much care for the food in the main dining room. I’ve heard the upcharge restaurants are better but we didn’t do any of them, except for a Chops lunch included with the Key. The pizza at Sorrentos and the hot dogs in the Seaplex were so bad we never went back.

Even though you had to make reservations for the shows there seemed to always be plenty of seats available.

The service was OK, but we didn’t think it was Disney level. There were lots of different activities to do which was nice, but we didn’t enjoy the cruise enough to rebook.

Everyone has different experiences. I wish you a good trip.

We were on the Anthem of the Seas this past July. The cruise itself was AWESOME! We LOVED our 2 days in Bermuda, we wish we could have stayed longer. Certain areas on the ship I can say were NOT clean. The self-serve ice cream area was one of those areas. There was not a staff member there and people were dropping ice cream all over the floor. I was trying to be careful walking through there and still almost slipped and fell. We had a balcony cabin and there was hair in the water trap. I would also agree with the other poster about always seeing dirty glasses sitting around the people area. Other than that, I would say it is a clean ship. The food in the buffet area does not compare to the food on the Disney Cruise buffet. If you wanted a cookie off the buffet, plan on eating a sugar free cookie. My hubby is not a big dessert eater but does like to have a cookie after dinner. Everyday they only had one cookie that was not sugar free. So if your going for the food, it's not the best. We didn't try the up charge restaurants, so I can not compare their food.

The show times were not the greatest. They always seemed really late. After dinner and walking around the ship, we would go back to our room to wait on the shows to start, several times we said forget it. We were just ready for bed. One game show I would highly recommend is Love and Marriage. My hubby was to tired to go, so I went by myself and laughed my head off. They pick people from the audience to participate and lets just say, since they don't know anyone on the ship their answers were off the wall. One question they asked was where is the strangest place you made whoopee....the guy answering was an undertaker and we all thought he would say in a casket. He said in a car...LOL. The host keep us all laughing as well.

With all that being said, we are planning to take my grandsons on a cruise this summer. We compared prices with Disney Cruises and Royal Caribbean. For the same amount of days, it was going to cost us $2000 more for a Disney Cruise. The Royal Caribbean cruise will go to Cocoa Cay, Royal Caribbean's private island and we will have to pay extra for their water park, but it is still cheaper to do this instead of the Disney Cruise. With the savings we decided to give Royal Caribbean another try and are planning to stay a few extra days in Ft. Lauderdale after the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter