Anyone have Fettucini Alfredo recipe from Alfredos

Lanshark

<font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp
I know there is enough fat in this to kill a horse but does anyone have the recipe Alfredos uses. My daughter thought it was wonderful.

I think I have this either at home or on my website (so many I've forgotten). I'll get back to you.

Fettucini Alfredo
Recipe from "Alfredo's" in Rome Originator of Fettucini Alfredo

Fettucini Noodles-

3 Cups Unbleached All-purpose Flour
3 Eggs
1 Tsp salt
2 - 4 Tbsp Heavy Cream

Fit food processor with steel blades. Add flour to food processor, then salt. Add whole eggs. Place lid on bin and pulse 4 times. Slowly add the cream through the feed tube, and process until the mix has formed a ball. Remove ball and check consistency. Flour may be added if needed. [Scraps from the bin may be added at this time, but are not necessary] Place ball on floured surface and knead with heal of hand for a few minutes. Shape into ball and place in a floured, covered bowl in refrigerator for one half hour. Roll into the shape of a cigar with a thyroid condition. [French bread shaped] Cut into fourths. Cover three with a towel while working with fourth. Roll out dough with pasta maker. Roll through starting on the thickest setting and working to thinnest, using each setting about 3 or 4 times. Pasta may be cut in half to make it easier to work with. Cut ribbon type noodles from dough. Spread out on a floured surface to dry for a half hour or so. [These are best when used fresh, but they can be frozen if needed in plastic bags]

Sauce-

1/4 lb butter
1 cup fresh parmesan
1 cup Heavy Cream

Place noodles into about 5 quarts boiling water with 1 tsp salt. Noodles will cook in just a minute or so, DO NOT OVERCOOK!! Melt butter in a saute pan over medium flame. Drain pasta with a pasta rake [colander may be used] and place into butter. [The noodles do not need to be absolutely dry, some water is okay] Toss pasta to coat with butter. Add cream and bring almost to a boil. Make sure all noodles are coated. DO NOT add too much cream [avoid a cream soup sauce]. Add in parmesan cheese and toss. [More cream may be added if it becomes too dry] Place on plates and sprinkle with a bit of freshly ground black pepper and some parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter