Anyone have a good casserole recipe?

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
I am in need of one for an upcoming church dinner.

Nothing too difficult or "fancy"!

Easy Enchilada Casserole

Package flour tortillas (size doesn't matter, taco or burrito size both work)
1 Can cheese soup (Campbell's)
1 Can enchilada sauce (small can or big one if you like them saucer)
1 Can kidney beans
1 pound browned ground beef
2-4 Cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend, or your choice, really all are good)

I spray a 9 x 13 baking pan and preheat the oven to 350'

Have your ground beef browned, if you want a little more flavor you can use taco seasoning in it as well.

Mix the can of cheese soup and the enchilada sauce together in a small bowl.

Put a thin layer of cheese soup mixture on the bottom of the pan. Next place a layer of flour tortilla, cutting (or tear) them to fit. Then a layer of ground beef, some kidney beans, next some shredded cheese, last some cheese soup mixture... Keep layering until you use all the meat and beans.

Your last (top) layer needs to be the tortilla, then the cheese soup mixture and then top with shredded cheese. Then bake it till the cheese is all melted, usually about 20 minutes.

You can use whatever kind of beans you would like, and any cheese soup flavor as well. It is very easy to make and everyone always loves it! When we take it to pot lucks we never have any left at the end of the night!

If you like black olives, you can put black olives in it as well, or just on top when you put the last shredded cheese on it.

First, my recipe that is similar to the one above from CrazyMe:

Enchilada Stack-Up
(Also known as Aunt Jemima)

1 ½ pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
Salt, to taste
1 cup picante sauce or salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup refried beans
4 or 5 flour tortillas or more
Extra cheese
Sour cream, olives, green onion, jalapenos, etc. for garnish

Brown the ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt and picante sauce or salsa. Simmer 5 minutes.

Use 8 ½” round baking dish. You may need to cut tortillas to fit, depending on size of tortillas. Spread each tortilla with refried beans. Layer the tortilla in the dish with meat sauce, then with the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with extra cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese melts. This can be made ahead and refrigerated. It will take longer to heat, probably 45 minutes to an hour.

This is a recipe that I don’t measure to make. We usually use a pound of hamburger and more picante sauce. I make the sauce kind of “soupy”. We like cheese, so we usually use more of that. Tortilla sizes seem to change every so often, but you can cut them if they are too large. Leftover refried beans in the refrigerator don’t typically get used at our home, so I try to spread the beans from the can so there are no leftovers. I normally double or triple this recipe. Sometimes we make it in a 13”x9”x2” pan. You can fill in the corners with tortillas cut in half, with the cut part facing towards the edge of the pan. Enchilada Stack-Up is very filling.

Second is an old family recipe that many others here have also:

SHIPWRECK CASSEROLE
A ONE-DISH MEAL

2 ONIONS, CHOPPED
3 POTATOES, CUBED
1 POUND RAW HAMBURGER
1 1/2 TABLESPOONS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 CAN KIDNEY BEANS
1/4 CUP RAW RICE, NOT INSTANT
1 REGULAR SIZE CAN TOMATO SOUP
1 CUP HOT WATER
1 BEEF BOUILLON CUBE
SALT AND PEPPER

MIX ALL TOGETHER IN A VERY LARGE DISH. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 1 ½ HOURS.

It's a great recipe-only 1 dish to clean. It's also very filling. I always double this one too. My father once brought this to a potluck at his workplace. There were about 5 others that brought it as well.

Third, a recipe served at all of our church suppers. Usually more than 1 person brings it because it's so popular. It's ok with me, not my favorite, but just about everyone else loves it:

At church it's called Hamburger & Bean Casserole, but we call it Tator Tot Casserole

Hamburger & Bean Casserole

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can drained green beans
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 10 ounce package tator tots

Brown ground beef and drain; add onion soup mix and stir. Put it in a 9x13 baking dish; top with 1 can of drained green beans. Mix sour cream and cream of mushroom soup; pour over meat & beans. Spread tator tots on and top with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

VickiV

We make a creamy chicken casserole, that we take everywhere, and almost everyone loves it... It is not for anyone on a diet.

I use 4 chicken breast, cook, and then shred.

I butter a casserole dish

mix together, 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, and a pint of sour cream.

mix in Chicken with soup mix.

pour in dish.

crush a sleeve of saltine crackers, pour over top of chicken and soup mixture and then chip butter on top of crackers.

Place in oven for 30 minutes at 350.

Chicken Taco Bowl - this feeds a lot of people and everybody has loved it so far

INGREDIENTS COST
1.5 lbs. chicken breasts $2.90
1 (16 oz.) jar salsa $1.99
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained $1.19
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) frozen corn $0.57
1 Tbsp chili powder $0.15
1/2 Tbsp cumin $0.07
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic $0.10
1/2 tsp dried oregano $0.03
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper $0.02
1/4 tsp salt $0.02
to taste cracked pepper $0.02
2 cups dry rice $0.66
8 oz. shredded cheddar $2.49
1/2 bunch cilantro (optional) $0.45
TOTAL $10.66

STEP 1: Add everything except the rice, cheese, and cilantro to the slow cooker along with 1/4 cup of water (for good measure). Give everything a good stir and make sure the chicken is covered in the mixture.

STEP 2: Secure the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hrs.

STEP 3: Near the end of the cooking time, cook the two cups of rice according to the package directions (Bring the rice and 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot with a lid in place, as soon as it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving).

STEP 4: After 8 hours of cooking, carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Stir with a fork to shred the chicken (it should be super tender and will shred easily). Build the taco bowls by placing rice on the bottom, then the taco chicken mix, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.

I am in need of one for an upcoming church dinner.

Nothing too difficult or "fancy"!

I made one at work a few weeks ago that my guys loved (I work in a group home, and one of my tasks is to prepare dinner).

First I cooked a bag of extra wide egg noodles and drained them. I mixed them with the rest of the ingredients: leftover turkey (I shredded what was left, a mix of dark and light meat), a jar of turkey gravy (condensed cream of chicken soup would also work, I think with a bit of added milk), a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, about 1/2 diced onion, about a 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, a little bit of sage and some parsley flakes. I put this all in a casserole dish and baked it until it was heated thru and the cheese melted.

I usually make this and put this in a 9X13 inch casserole dish-we love it and every guest in our house loves it. It sounds like it would be bad using canned green beans but its great.(Rinse them though). I've used the quick Uncle Ben's wild rice and the regular uncle ben's-not too big a difference.

Chicken and Rice Casserole
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
3 cups diced, cooked chicken
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (6-ounce) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
Pinch salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.

Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.

Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.

My grown son just requested this one again- its a keeper and can be done from start to finish in under an hour-quicker if you have cooked chicken already but I'm boiling mine now.

I have been taking casseroles to an elderly friends house as she goes through her chemo treatments. This one has ended up being a favorite. Very easy, no frill casserole.

Spaghetti Beef Casserole

7 or 8 oz spaghetti
4 strips bacon
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. hamburger
1 tsp salt
1 (10oz) can tomato soup
1 (10oz) can mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
grated cheese

Cook spaghetti until tender. Set aside. Dice and fry the bacon then add onion and fry until transparent. Add meat and cook until eat begins to color. Drain spaghetti well and add meat mixture, salt, soups and water. Taste for seasonings. Spread in a greased 2 qt casserole or bake dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for about one hour.

Hey nice recipes Guys!!!

I would like to share one of my Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe:

Ingredients

1 (10 ounce) tub PHILADELPHIA Original Cooking Creme
2 cups egg noodles, cooked
2 (5 ounce) cans chunk light tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 cup frozen peas
1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
8 RITZ Crackers, crushed
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine first 5 ingredients in 1-1/2-qt. casserole; cover.
Bake 20 min. Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and butter.
Stir casserole; top with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until topping is golden brown.
Footnotes

Serving Suggestion: Serve this family favorite with a smart side such as a steamed vegetable to round out the meal.
Substitute: Prepare as directed, substituting 1 cup chopped cooked chicken for tuna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter