• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going to Memories Expo in Chicago this weekend???

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
Just wondering. I'll be there with a co-worker. Looks like it could be a great day for scrapshopping!!!! :) I'm going to attend a Coluzzle class, a Sizzix class, and another class that just is escaping my mind.

I am jealous! I have gone to this for the last 3 years, but can't go this year because of work conflict. This is a great show with alot of vendors and shopping opportunities.:D :D

DH and I are planning on going Saturday. This will be my first one. Not going to any classes, but hope to find some neat things to buy for upcoming albums.

Can you give me any idea of what to expect?

Thanks!

The main shopping area is in one of the convention halls. In the past it has been about 4 rows wide with booths on each side. These booths are all scrapbook related, some just sell products, some have samples, some have make-and-takes. There is a snack bar and restrooms right in the hall. In the past, I have gone with 2 or 3 friends, and we usually see and shop it all in about 3 hours.

WDWLVR...if you see me walking around - stop me and say hi. I have a class at 9, 11 and 2:30 and then will be shopping all the other times. As of right now I'm planning on wearing a lime green tshirt (it's one of my most comfortable, not because I want to be recognized!!! :D )

I did print out a floor plan and then the list of vendors and circled which ones I really wanted to stop by and see. When I went to the Milwaukee Midwest Scrapbook Association one there were several vendors and it would have been much easier if I knew which ones were where to go to them rather than walking all over and looking at all of them. Some of them I didn't care to go to but to get by the crowds there I could have done something different or something to not have to deal with them so much. But that was at a hotel and this is at a convention center so I'm assuming there will be some more room to walk around - I hope anyway!!

MOUSE MEMORIES! (Disney themed products) They are having a booth for the first time and are SOOOOOOOO excited.

If Mouse Memories is there I will be stopping and shopping!

I was called off for work today, so I was able to make it to the Expo after all. I just got back with my bags full and wallet empty! Lots of great shopping, and I did stop by Mouse Memories and got some cute stuff.:smooth: :smooth:

This was my first one and I loved it. DH went with me which amazed a few women I met. I was in line paying when a women asked if that was my husband with me. When I said yes she said "you are lucky - my husband wouldn't be caught dead here!" What can I say - I am lucky. Mark likes being involved in things like trip planning and in the scrapbooks I do after the trip. Plus since he is a scale model fan he understands about the creative side. He was a big help in picking things out.

We will definately do this again!

It was a great expo. I had a good time. Got to spend some time with a co-worker that I just don't get to see outside of work. Unfortunately I have bronchitis and I was beginning to get very stuffed up and so I was a bit uncomfortable but it was great. OMG....and Mouse Memories!!!! I had to walk away....I could have spent all my money there....what awesome stuff they had!!!!

I will definitely go next year too - at least I hope so!!! :D

I wish Mouse Memories was going to be at he NJ Expo, but they aren't scheduled to be.

Deb

How do you find out when and where these expos are? I'd love to go to one if one came to CT or MA or even NY.

dahirsh- when and where is the one in NJ? I have a cousin down there, maybe I could convince her to go with me :)

Originally posted by ZPT1022

dahirsh- when and where is the one in NJ? I have a cousin down there, maybe I could convince her to go with me :)

It's May 2 and 3 in Somerset, NJ. Very convenient to the Turnpike, the Parkway and 287.

Deb

I know that there is information at www.memoriesexpo.com and there is another called scrapbookexpo.com

I went to my first one last year in Orlando and I was hooked! Then when I went for a visit back to Orange Co. Calif in Feb. they happened to have the 1st scrapbookexpo there so I had to go!

I haven't done the classes yet, but the shopping and ideas are great! I took my camera along just to take pics of the ideas!

Holycow

Chris, I hope you take some pictures so we can see what it is like! It sounds so exciting and I wish I could be there!! Have a great time!

I also see these in the magazines. I am a member of Memories Community and that is where I got my info on the Chicago one. I have also done a search on scrapbook conventions and scrapbook retreats and scrapbook expos and gotten quite a bit that way.

Plus looking on various websites. That has helped me more than anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter