Anyone going to be at the Fort over the 4th of July?

WDWCP96

DIS Veteran
We are arriving at the Fort on Sunday and will be staying through the 5th. I was wondering if anyone else was going to be around. I am making a sign to put up at our campsite (thanks to Bama_Ed) so other DISer's see us and stop by!

Hope to see others around the Fort!

Will be there. Requested 400 loop. Will be in golf cart parade too. Will look for your sign. we haven't made one yet. Have fun!
:cool1:

We will be there too. Arrive on the 2nd through the 11th no sign yet - hopefully loop 1600 with lots of flags and decorations

WDWCP96,

Thanks for doing the sign. I gave that thread a bump. Everyone read Post #1 in it and it's pretty self-explanatory. I hope others will do a sign. I was able to touch base with four DISsers on my April visit with my sign out and it's nice to say hello to a fellow DISser.

I used the SEARCH function and saw that they had the golf cart parade laster year on July 4th at 9am. They started at the hitch/unhitch area and head straight down the road towards Trails End/Pioneer Hall. Signup was via flyers at the Trading Post cash register areas. So be on the lookout for this year's activities.

I usually try to avoid the Fort in the heat of the summer but you folks have me wavering. I might brave the heat, rain, and humidity someday (not this year) for a 4th visit.

So I seriously have to ask:

IMG_0016.jpg

:rotfl2::lmao::cool1:

Ya'll have a great trip!

Bama Ed

I will be there July 3-7 tent camping and requested loop 1500. I will have my sign and Mickey lamp. Stop on by and say hey all if welcome!

Reposting from another thread.

Packing last minute items. Getting excited

A whole week of 4th of July fireworks. Hope to see them several times.

Dining planned at Mickey's BYBBQ, Citrico's & Narcoosees. Celebrating 25th anniversary.

Can't wait to be cruising in our golf cart!

No park days. Our resident passes are seasonal. Still going to have lots of fun.

Going to do the hay wagon ride for the first time too.

What else is everyone planning?

Going to the parks

Going to Find the best place to watch the fireworks on the 4th

Can't forget the gold cart parade

Pools/ hottubs

Trails end

Cornhole at the campsite!!

We are here since Sunday thru the 5th as well. We had a great spot in 300 booked but our RV rental couldn't fit so ended up in 500. The actual 4th we are doing DHS commando style but I do want to see the golf cart parade. Tough decisions!

We are here since Sunday thru the 5th as well. We had a great spot in 300 booked but our RV rental couldn't fit so ended up in 500. The actual 4th we are doing DHS commando style but I do want to see the golf cart parade. Tough decisions!

What's commando style ?

We just booked a one night stay on the 4th. :cool1: I was shocked they had availability. We are planning on going next year camping for 2 weeks. We decided to book this so we could see the campground and find out as much information as possible so we could plan better. We will not be going to the park while there. We plan on spending a lot of time in the pool and renting a surrey. Any other fun ideas for us while there? Where's the best place for us to go to watch the fireworks that night? We've watched them from the Poly beach before. Is the GF a better place to watch them from?

Will be at Citrico's for the 4th. Very festive. Music in the lobby. Worth the trip from the campground for the evening. It was THEE place to be.

Watch the fireworks from the beach/dock area. We were there two years ago and it was surround sound with fireworks. Enjoy! God Bless America!

8 days tills I'm at the Fort!!! Can't wait to meet some of you guys... When i get there I'm going to start a "here now thread " so we can let everyone know what site were at...

Hey,

If any of you folks there over next week have time to meander over to the old River Country and see if there are any signs of activity as described in this thread, let us know.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132652

Of course, please obey all posted signs and don't trespass. :rolleyes: But if you see construction tape, little flags in the ground, or a dozer knocking down trees, :drive: let us know.

Bama Ed

Bama I read that thread as well and I will absolutely go investigate it. However, I cannot make the promise of obeying posted signs.... It's not in me lol I will report back

Hey,

If any of you folks there over next week have time to meander over to the old River Country and see if there are any signs of activity as described in this thread, let us know.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3132652

Of course, please obey all posted signs and don't trespass. :rolleyes: But if you see construction tape, little flags in the ground, or a dozer knocking down trees, :drive: let us know.

Bama Ed

I just may have to go investigate....*tip toes off to find binoculars*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter