Anyone going in Oct?

Greenlawnsue

Earning My Ears
We are going down Oct 6-13. This will be our 3rd trip and have recruited 2 more families to join us. They are newbies to FTW and are very excited. We will be in a preferred loop, probably 1400. Anyone else ?:yay:

Howdy!!

I'll be there in October also!! My dates are the 6th - 20th :)

I'll probably be in Loop 2000 or 1500.

Are ya'll going to start driving on the 5th?? or morning of the 6th??

I'm leaving right after work on the 5th and hope to be on I-65 South by 5:20pm.

I'm stopping just past Macon for the night and will get to the Fort by 1pm on Saturday :banana:

We are going down Oct 6-13. This will be our 3rd trip and have recruited 2 more families to join us. They are newbies to FTW and are very excited. We will be in a preferred loop, probably 1400. Anyone else ?:yay:

Hi there! We'll be there Oct 7-13. We're leaving York, PA around 2:30am on Saturday Oct 6th and will be stopping overnight in Walterboro, SC. We should (hopefully) get to FW Sunday the 7th around 5:30pm. Not sure yet what loop we'll be in. We booked through AAA and requested preferred sites. This is DH and my 4th trip, DS7 second trip and DS3 first trip. My parent's are staying with us in our TT and this will be their 2nd trip. My in-laws are also going along. They're taking their TT and we requested side by side sites. They are new to Disney. I just hope that everything goes smoothly - DFIL is kind of hard to please. I was shocked he even agreed to go-I think it's for the sake of the grandkids (deep down he's a big softie!). Maybe we'll bump into you!! Can't wait!! It's only 6 months away, but it feels like FOREVER!!

I hope you have a great trip!!

We are pulling a 5th wheel, so my DH can make a little better time than the others going with us. They are in TTs. We are leaving on the 5th after school is out, and probably trying to make it to Ocala. In the past DH has driven straight through the night, but it exhausts me because I can't sleep for fear of him getting sleepy. But he never has!
Arriving at FTW at 6am is a beautiful sight to behold. The sun coming up a gorgeous orange just as we make the turn from I-4 to see the illuminated entrance to WDW will make all the driving seem like nothing. Then to check in at FTW with no one else around is pretty awesome too. It seems like the whole place is asleep but us!:)
Now the down side of that beautiful 6am arrival- Your site may not be ready. One year it was and one year it wasn't. Sitting in the parking lot, sleep deprived but with 2 DSs, 6 & 8 at the time, who had slept for 9 hours and were ready to go, was not so awesome! But we managed and had a site after about 3 hrs. We went to Trails End and wandered around. After a good night of sleep that night, all was back to normal.
I still hope to stop this time and arrive at the normal time this year. We are just deciding what to do on Sun and Mon since it is a holiday weekend and will be packed.:scared:

See y'all soon!:yay:

The sun coming up a gorgeous orange just as we make the turn from I-4 to see the illuminated entrance to WDW will make all the driving seem like nothing.
See y'all soon!:yay:

Hey neighbor. Did you know you can now skip I-4 :) Take the new Western Way extension from the turnpike

I-75 S

Get off at exit 328 (approximately 140 miles from Georgia/Florida State Line, approximately 107 miles from I-10)

Travel on Florida Turnpike to Exit 267A (429S) (approximately 42 miles)

Travel on 429S to Exit 8 (Disney World/Hartzog Rd) (approximately 14 miles)

This road will take you to West Buena Vista Dr near Coronado Springs.

Turn right if going to All-Stars or Animal Kingdom Lodge, turn left if going anywhere else, then follow the Disney signs to your destination.

Tolls on the main Turnpike will be $2.50 for a standard vehicle. ($5.00 for a single axle trailer).

Tolls on 429S to Disney World will be just $1.00 as the Disney World Exit doesn't charge a toll. ($1.50 for a single axle trailer).

(I based the mileage on the exit numbers as they coincide with mile markers).

You still get a Disney Archway!!!

Looks like a lot of folks have October trips planned!

I think it's about time us Dis'ers that have trips planned during November make a thread! ;)

Thanks Carol for the updated directions. Is the traffic lighter?

Absolutely!!! Hardly any traffic on this route yet.

Watch your speed as you get off 429 onto Western Way. It drops to 45 on Western Way, then drops to 35 shortly after you pass the new Disney Arch. The police love this speed trap. Also, don't stop to take a picture of the Arch. They have posted specific signs of no stopping there. They ticket folks for that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter