Anyone getting calls from guides with direct points available

Thunderted

Earning My Ears
Just curious if there is now people getting more calls from guides with direct points available now that the price increase has been in effect for a week or so.

Had been hoping to add on a small (25) contract to our existing BCV before the price went up to $225.... No such luck. With such a small number and our use year, it makes sense for us to go direct. But the $40 per point difference is a huge chunk of cash.

I wish! I asked for Beach Club any use year - my guide said they had over a million dollars worth of waitlist sitting there - true or not I don’t know but I expect a long wait and will keep looking for a good resale while I wait and see which comes first - I expect it to be a resale which I’m ok with

I wish! I asked for Beach Club any use year - my guide said they had over a million dollars worth of waitlist sitting there - true or not I don’t know but I expect a long wait and will keep looking for a good resale while I wait and see which comes first - I expect it to be a resale which I’m ok with
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been waiting? I have been reading that the lists are closed and then just saw someone who got added to the waitlist today. It seems like the wait list opens and closes on a whim.

I don’t mind - not very - about a month - the guide said he put in two request since I would take any use year or my use year which is Sept and that one doesn’t come up a lot
I really think we will go resale and it will be a different use year - I really want the points just for Beach Club so all the other stuff doesn’t matter but what I wonder about is what Disney might do down the road to resale owners

We did the DVC tour last year and had a very good guide. When we told her how uninterested we were in CC, she actually offered to find us a contract at a Resort we preferred, so they must have ways of opening and closing?

They're always open. Whether or not it's open to you depends on many factors. Best thing to do is ask if that's what you want. Persistence is helpful, too.

I wanted to purchase a fixed week last summer at CCV, studio with a tub/combo. My guide said none were available. I told him that was the only way I would buy at CCV. He went to his superiors, and low and behold they released a few. We bought.

I called my guide last week to inquire about a 50 point direct add on at AKV with my use year and to see how long the wait list is. He came back with oh we have that available today, would you like to use your DISNEY Visa for the down payment?

I did take them... I only had 50 points at AKV and wanted the flexibility of 100.

I called my guide last week to inquire about a 50 point direct add on at AKV with my use year and to see how long the wait list is. He came back with oh we have that available today, would you like to use your DISNEY Visa for the down payment?

I did take them... I only had 50 points at AKV and wanted the flexibility of 100.

That is awesome your guide had points the same day. Enjoy the additional 50 points!

Thinking maybe I should give my guide another call and see if some points magically appear. One can only hope...

Fyi
I received a call from my guide - he didn’t have all the points I wanted but had most. My DH didn’t want to mess with resale for several reasons so we got the points. I’m a proud owner of Beach Club
Not sure when I can use them since I have the Hawaii cruise planned. Will have to figure it out. I’m happy with the outcome.

Congrats on getting beach club direct! Glad it worked out for you guys. Just talked to my guide yesterday and she said she had nothing for us for beach club..... argh. What use year did they give you?

Fyi
I received a call from my guide - he didn’t have all the points I wanted but had most. My DH didn’t want to mess with resale for several reasons so we got the points. I’m a proud owner of Beach Club
Not sure when I can use them since I have the Hawaii cruise planned. Will have to figure it out. I’m happy with the outcome.
Welcome Home, BCV Neighbors!

I said I would take any use year - I got June. So I now have two as my Animal Kingdom is Sept.
I’m still on the waitlist for the rest of the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter