anyone from new brighton heard of:

marcm

<font color=green>hi ppl vmk is da best<br><font c
i was wondering if anyone knew or heard of my grandad daredevil curly he died in about 1966 and he used to be the daredevil that jumped off a diving board into a big vat when the old new brighton tower was around. if anyone has heard of him or knew him can you either send me a pm or post since i didnt know him

Sorry-i have no info,but wanted to wish you luck in your findings :thumbsup2 I know only to well how hard it can be to find out information on a passed away relative.Good luck.x.

I will ask my Dad when he comes back from holiday next week, as he lives near there. You might need to PM me to remind me.

i was wondering if anyone knew or heard of my grandad daredevil curly he died in about 1966 and he used to be the daredevil that jumped off a diving board into a big vat when the old new brighton tower was around. if anyone has heard of him or knew him can you either send me a pm or post since i didnt know him

Hi
I came across an old photo of "Dare Devil Curly" (real name William Leyland) which was given to me when I dressed like him for a Weston Village (Bath, Somerset) parade sometime about the late 1940's early 50's. He dived from about 60 feet into a tank of water which was set alight. This was on the Rec as part of the fair where the parade ended. The photo shows him on the low diving platform above the tank and 5 women in front of the tank, three in bathing costumes.
I also had my photo with him in the Weston edition of the Bath Chronicle and Herald a week later but I don't have a copy of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!