Anyone flying solo out of Philly in the next couple of months?

Shell76

Mouseketeer
I am going to shoot for a solo trip, but really am not looking forward to flying solo. Actually, the thought of getting on a plane terrifies me, but I am willing to do it just to get to the World. So anyhoo... I have no definite time -- am looking somewhere at the end of April to the middle of May for someone that wouldn't mind "adopting" me for the flight. And yes, I am serious! My DH and I are going in June, but unforseen circumstances are allowing me the money to do this short solo trip.

:goodvibes

I'm not in Philly, but can I ask what terrifies you so much about flying?

I'm actually trying to get a job as a flight attendant lol....just for a while.

I'm a super frequent flyer (for business). I'm platinum elite on Northwest, etc...if there's anything I can do to help, I'd be more than happy to.

There's really nothing to be afraid of. Just a few things:

1) Statistically, you are 19x more likely to be killed in a car crash on the drive to the airport than you are to die in a plane crash.
2) I've flown literally hundreds of thousands of miles in the last few years and never once encountered a mechanical problem that posed any kind of threat.
3) Remember, there are 2 human beings in the cockpit who went through years of formal education and had to fly numerous hours of supervised flight before being certified to shuttle you around. AND you have flight attendants who have been trained for your safety, and are used to scared passengers. Talk to them if you're nervous, it will make you feel better.

We usually fly out of Phila. but this time we're taking Spirit out of Atlantic City. We're leaving the 1st week in May. I'm not fond of flying but I figure it's the quickest way to get us there. Since you're in South Jersey, you should try A.C. airport as well. I like it alot better than Phila. It's small and much more manageable.

hey I understand - I haven't flown since 1999 - forget 9/11/2001 - I quite way before that.

however delta for $101 plus the magical express from WDW - I just couldn't resist it.

So I am flying this May to WDW - ALONE!

However I think this flight might be easier on me. I don't have to entertain anyone - so I intend to bring a good book (not necessary a new one - but one that I can concentrate on), a tape player and even a DVC player.

the only problem I see is the take out and landing - you can't even be reading a book when this happens. but I should be relaxed enough by my good book....

It is not a safe issue with me - it is a control issue. When I drive my car - I feel I am in control. WHen I fly on a plane - I KNOW I am not.

So this will be a strange trip for me!

Oh driving cost me $97 last trip in March - since then gas has only increased in price. So this trip should save me some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter