Anyone familiar with Baclofen?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
It's a muscle relaxant, and I'm especially interested on how it compares to Flexeril. When I took Flexeril, I felt like a cooked piece of spaghetti-I not only couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't even lift my head. The doctor and I are hoping that this medication won't make me THAT relaxed! Any experiences?

No help, but I would caution that one person's medication experience might not be all that helpful. Case in point; I took Flexeril and it did nothing. Literally nothing. I might have well taken a placebo. Good luck!

moving this to the disABILITIES Community Board since it isn't specific to Disney vacation planning...

My daughter takes baclofen twice a day and it does not make her drowsy. I take the occasional flexeril - it really wipes me out. I tend to split it into quarters (really tiny) and it still makes me sleepy! (But it sure relaxes the back muscles for me). Good luck - I hope it works for you.

Thanks all. Doctor started me on 1/2 a tablet just once a day, to increase as long as I'm OK (not tired) to twice a day, then 3 half tablets a day (10 mg tablets). I just started at lunchtime today, and of course, I'm sitting here going "OK, how do I feel?" "Am I drowsy?" "Do my muscles feel better or is there any change?" I'd better be careful over thinking this!

Took baclofen for a while and it was not a problem where dozens of others had left me "spaghetti-like". Started taking it through a pump and, after a while started having major side effects...from intermittent shutdown of breathing center, to overcooked spaghetti condition...When I tried to go back to oral dose I could not tolerate it. Pay attention to your breath control. If you start having intermittent jerky speech that seems to be tied to breath control don't let the Dr. try and tell you that it's caused by pollutants in the air as mine did... finally diagnosed the breathing problem through sleep studies where the shutdown of breathing center could be plainly seen during sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter